No free agent signings yet...

Therefore I will share my wishlist.

1. Alex Kovalev

2. Jean-Luc Grand Pierre.

3. John LeClair

4. Yannic Tremblay

5. Joel Bouchard

My Top 5

1- LW Brendan Shanahan | Became an UFA when Detroit didn't picked up his 6,5 M$ option. He'll probably get around 3.5 with Detroit. I'd pay up to 5M$ to get him with Montreal. He's a great player and would be a huge leader here. He's 35 and still scoring 30-40 goals/season (His worst season last year with "ONLY" 25 goals). Would be a physical presence as well (6-3 235, 100+PIM last year).

2- C Mario Lemieux | The best player in the history playing for the best team in history. It has to happen. He would make an immediate impact and bring a positive energy around him. He still has all it takes and would still dominate playing in a wheelchair. Everytime he's on the ice he's the best player in the world. The only problem is how many games he'll miss. But that's more a problem for the coach than the fans.

3- LW Paul Kariya | Habs need pure skills. Kariya is a smart player full of talent and a good charisma. He doesn't even have 30 years old yet, and even if he had some concussion problems that affected his play, he remains one of the most skilled player in the world.

4- RW Ziggy Palffy | Ok he had big health issues last year.. But would it be the same this year? If Saku can overcome cancer and play like a superstar, or other examples like Souray or Lemieux, why can't Palffy come back at his level or even higher? He's only 32 and average a goal every 2 games. That guy would make us forget about Kovalev.

5- C Pavol Demitra | Would he play on the wing? Probably not. So maybe we can forget him since it doesn't seems that Koivu and Ribeiro are moving from their place. But if I remind well, Demitra played games at RW with Weight at C. The Czech would make a good RW for Koivu, and fellow Czech Zednik playing at LW.

Others

-RW Brett Hull. WIll be 40 soon, but remains a pure goal scorer, what we desesperally need for a long time. That's only my wish list.. if he'd accept to play here i doubt, but it would be cool. (He won't ask 5M$, would he?)

-D Anders Eriksson. A good big defenseman (6-3 215), was 4th in +/- with poor Columbus team. Averaged around a point every 2 games. Would have been 2nd with Habs in goals scored for a D. Would be a good replacement for Brisebois. And he's only 29.

Ok ok, it's only a "WISH" List.. not many chance that one of them happens.. I didn't put Kovalev there. If he really wanted to come back here, he would have sign before July 1st. He'll use Habs offer to get more money away. Thanks for the 1st round Alex. Bye bye.

1. Alexei Kovalev - the most skilled UFA out there, and seems to like being in Montreal.

2. Richard Matvichuk - An excellent D-man with Cup experience

3. Matt Schneider - An elite D-man, but is getting up there in age

4. Pavol Demitra - a replacement if we can't sign Kovalev

5. Dan McGillis - A good, physical D-man who can step in and mentor Komi at the same time

6. J.L. Grand-Pierre - I hadn't though of him, but he is a solid player who can play forward and defense, a great depth player

7. Krystof Oliwa - We need a fighter, and I like him

Ha, really the only reason I like Oliwa is that he is a native Pole, and I am of Polish decent. The last time we got a Pole though, Czerk decided to forget how to play hockey. But then again, Oliwa is a good fighter, can't really go wrong with that I guess.

Both of those guys, Oliwa and Grand-Pierre, played in Columbus, so I watched them a good bit. JLGP struck me as an excellent depth player. He can't do anything especially well, but he is good in most aspects of the game. He was the fastest skater on the team and played everything but goalie. Seems like you agree that he would make an excellent depth player if nothing else.