Urquhart Signed?

montreal

There's a rumor going around that Urquhart has signed with the Habs today, but there's been nothing official yet. A few people have heard this, but we'll have to see if it's true or not. I don't think it's a big deal to post this, as he's either signed or not, no big deal since he doesn't have to be and will still have to make Hamilton's roster and that could be tough depending on what players Dallas sends and the signing of the recent AHL vets like Gavin Morgan and Dusablon both centers. (although I could see Urquhart moved to wing perhaps, as he's not strong on draws)

To be honest, although I haven't seen Urquhart personally, I'd be annoyed if yet another Habs center was moved to a wing...Hossa, Kilger, and there's talk of Higgins playing the wing...when are the Habs going to draft a player and let him play his natural position?

Originally posted by huzer

To be honest, although I haven't seen Urquhart personally, I'd be annoyed if yet another Habs center was moved to a wing...Hossa, Kilger, and there's talk of Higgins playing the wing...when are the Habs going to draft a player and let him play his natural position?

Sometimes it works out though. Bulis seems better off on the wing then center, Hossa I'm not sure about yet, as I don't think I've seen him play center. Higgins I think can play anywhere and do good. Larrivee I can't see being effective at center in the AHL. Urquhart isn't very strong and not very good on draws, but aside from that I don't know if moving him is a good idea, as he is a good setup man, but he also has a very good shot. The problem is that he looks to pass too much and not use his shot enough. Plekanec is another one who could be moved to wing, I don't know if that will work either, as he is a good setup guy and a natural playermaker.