Khabibulin on Waivers

jetsniper

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251197&amp...s=secStory_main

I've seen lots of Bulin to Sens rumors over the summer, I'm wondering if this is when Murray makes his move.

He really should. If he thinks that Martin Gerber is going to lead them anywhere substantial, he's out of his mind.

LA might also want to consider him if they want to hit the floor. I also think that Colorado would be wise to try and pick him up... i'm not exactly sold on Budaj

He really should. If he thinks that Martin Gerber is going to lead them anywhere substantial, he's out of his mind.

LA might also want to consider him if they want to hit the floor. I also think that Colorado would be wise to try and pick him up... i'm not exactly sold on Budaj

I don't know about Ottawa and LA, but Colorado is already set as giving Budaj a shot as the bona fide #1 and hoping that Raycroft can return to glory if Budaj can't handle it. I'd be EXTREMELY surprised if the Avalanche picked him up. If nothing else, they won't take on his salary.

I don't know about Ottawa and LA, but Colorado is already set as giving Budaj a shot as the bona fide #1 and hoping that Raycroft can return to glory if Budaj can't handle it. I'd be EXTREMELY surprised if the Avalanche picked him up. If nothing else, they won't take on his salary.

You mean when he was with Boston? I think that ship has sailed. And if you're talking about the 37 wins with Toronto, his save percentage was under .900 and he only won half his games. Also, with all the vets that the avs have, this may be the last year that they can realistically compete b4 rebuilding, so why risk it ok Budaj and Raycroft?

Yeah, same. Thats why I didn't even bother mentioning the Avs in the first post. I have 100% confidence in Budaj and I'm willing to bet Hackett will be able to work his magic again with Raycroft. Re-entry is where I might consider us a possibility but I know Giguere likes gaving plenty of room for moves during the season (or leaving space open should Foppa decide to come back)

I wouldn't be surprised to see LA hand the keys to Bernier. Word is they want to give the kids lots of time so I think a Labarbera/Bernier duo is realistic.

Now that he's on waivers though, his trade value should take a bit of a dip and thats where I think Murray could step in. I'm not sure if Chicago has back-up plans for a guy like Crawford but an offer like Gerber, Nycholat/Schubert and a pick might work. I'd be happy with an offer like that anyway.

You mean when he was with Boston? I think that ship has sailed. And if you're talking about the 37 wins with Toronto, his save percentage was under .900 and he only won half his games. Also, with all the vets that the avs have, this may be the last year that they can realistically compete b4 rebuilding, so why risk it ok Budaj and Raycroft?

Because Budaj has shown he has the tools to become an NHL goaltender. The fact he wasn't slotted as the #1 after the 06-07 season was a damn shame. He was one of our biggest stars during the playoff run, I think only Sakic and Staz played better hockey then. Coach Q never gave Budaj a realistic chance to entrench himself as an NHL goaltender and that played a role in his firing. Now that he's gone, letting Budaj strut his stuff was one of the top priorities going into this season.

More proof Budaj is severely underrated around the league, can thank Coach Q for that. Who, coincidentally, was just hired by Chicago to be a scout.

Edited by jetsniper