Stupid @%#!^&%#%! Players and Owners

PMAC

I may not be a high-powered lawyer like Bettman or Goodenow but I think my math skills must be better

A loss of a season means that some franchises may fold due to the millions of $$$$ they are losing.

A loss of a franchise means the loss of 30-35 players jobs plus the associated minor league positions.

Adding that many free agents in a dispersal draft will reduce player's salaries-- its simple supply and demand:

too many teams and not enough skilled players= todays NHL. Reduce the demand and you reduce salaries.

When I read about players who say that they are doing this for the next generation of players, I want to puke.This adds up to millions in losses and long-term damage to the health of the league as it will take time to win back disgruntled fans.

All of this may be good for fans in the long run, but I cannot believe how greedy, stupid and short-sighted both sides are being. I'm so pissed, I may have to give up professional hockey the same way I did baseball after their last strike.

This lock out could get easily resolved if both sides had enough pride to swallow their humongus egos and try to find a comprimise so the fans don't lose their sanity and love for hockey.

Sadly, that won't happen in a long long long long long long long long long long long time. Did I forgot to mention it's going to be long lockout? Because I meant to say that.

I agree that this one looks to last a "nyce" long time. It will be impossible I think, to fully bring all the teams back as they were. There is a high possibiltiy that a team or 2 will be lost. (Hope not though, not saying that it is impossible for all of them to return, but, if it goes over a year, things dont look good.)

Goodnew and Bettman will be known as the men who killed hockey.

Goodnew's refusal to comprise on anything and Bettman's refusal to have a little control over his owners have destoried the game. Bettman's braindead expansion plays a HUGE part in this. Hopefully this lockout will force 5-7 American teams to fold/move to Canada.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Goodnew and Bettman will be known as the men who killed hockey.

Goodnew's refusal to comprise on anything and Bettman's refusal to have a little control over his owners have destoried the game. Bettman's braindead expansion plays a HUGE part in this. Hopefully this lockout will force 5-7 American teams to fold/move to Canada.

I hope more Canadian teams are brought to life like you said. Last thing the NHL needs is the dismantle of the 6 remaining Canadian teams to dissapear.

Either way, if more teams in Canada appear, I hope Winnipeg gets a team back.