HW: Habs Year in review 2004

puck7x

Excellent writing, something I've noticed with most of your site's columns.

That goal by Vinny L just broke my heart....it was depressing. Had my sweater on, watching the game, brother (Leafs/Bolts bandwagon) next to me, celebrating, havin' a good time, then BAM. F'n joke. Went from feelin' the comeback to pretty much gone. Never forgave the damn 'Ning 'till after Game 7 of the finals.:wall:

I also thought you were a biiiit too easy in the article on Kovalev on the slash...he was REALLY overdoing it with the acting....if you're in prime position on the play, you don't just give up the puck hopin' on something. He's gotta know you only get MAJOR, Obvious calls in 2OT. (Did you guys have the "guillotine" feelin' too, when the puck was given up? I just KNEW Murray was gonna score, just KNEW it. Even Theo would have a better shot in the 6/49).

Well, anyway, we're close, I can taste it. Maybe not this season (Whenever it is...), but next few years man, we're gonna be up there.

Again, great, polished writing, glad to be here.:)

[Edited on 2004/12/31 by Habsfan21]

Originally posted by Habsfan21

I also thought you were a biiiit too easy in the article on Kovalev on the slash...he was REALLY overdoing it with the acting....if you're in prime position on the play, you don't just give up the puck hopin' on something.   He's gotta know you only get MAJOR, Obvious calls in 2OT.  (Did you guys have the "guillotine" feelin' too, when the puck was given up?  I just KNEW Murray was gonna score, just KNEW it.  Even Theo would have a better shot in the 6/49).

Well, anyway, we're close, I can taste it.  Maybe not this season (Whenever it is...), but next few years man, we're gonna be up there.  

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm not sure which Kovalev article you are referring to though, HW has many writers, some just write basic news, while others write opinionated articles. You likely read an opinion article, and you disagreed with it, which is fine, because everyone has opinions, thats all part of the fun :D

Originally posted by puck7x
Originally posted by Habsfan21

I also thought you were a biiiit too easy in the article on Kovalev on the slash...he was REALLY overdoing it with the acting....if you're in prime position on the play, you don't just give up the puck hopin' on something.   He's gotta know you only get MAJOR, Obvious calls in 2OT.  (Did you guys have the "guillotine" feelin' too, when the puck was given up?  I just KNEW Murray was gonna score, just KNEW it.  Even Theo would have a better shot in the 6/49).

Well, anyway, we're close, I can taste it.  Maybe not this season (Whenever it is...), but next few years man, we're gonna be up there.  

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm not sure which Kovalev article you are referring to though, HW has many writers, some just write basic news, while others write opinionated articles. You likely read an opinion article, and you disagreed with it, which is fine, because everyone has opinions, thats all part of the fun :D

I meant in the article mentioned...there was a snipet in the playoff description about the incident. :)

Great read!

Just one thing though.. the youngstars part. The article mentions..

"January 24, 2004 - Ryder named to Young Stars game:

Two days after teammates Sheldon Souray and Jose Theodore are named to the All-Star game, Michael Ryder is invited to play in the Young Stars game. It marks the 4th year in a row that the Canadiens have a representative in this contest. Ryder recorded an assist, and was -1 in the game."

I was under the impression that 2004's contest was the third annual.

2004 : Ryder

2003 : Hossa

2002 : Ribeiro

What am I missing?

• 1 month later...