ESPN Reporting Season is Done FRI

Habsfan21

I'll only beleive it when I see it for real.

People say alot of things, its all part of the game. The only thing for sure is that within the next few hours (up to 48 hours) something will happen, the season will either be saved, or cancelled.

I think the odds are 50/50 for either happening.

[Edited on 2005-2-3 by puck7x]

Originally posted by Quebecois

I think that 50/50 is a little optimistic. I'd only give the season a 20-30% chance of occuring.

Well, given the huge philosophical differences between the 2 sides I can understand why you only give the season a 20-30% chance of being saved. I just cant see the 2 sides being so damn stupid to let the season be cancelled, if the season is cancelled EVERYONE loses, the players lose more money, the league loses more money, the whole pie gets smaller, everyone gets a smaller piece of the pie. Thats why I say its 50/50

[Edited on 2005-2-4 by puck7x]

I thought Off the Record brought up an interesting point today. They discussed the idea of the players taking a vote on whether or not to accept whatever deal that the NHL proposes in the near fututure, or one that has already been proposed. IF this were to occur (unlikely), what percentage of the players do u think would be in favour of whatever salary cap offer the NHL submits.

I'm guessing that the NHL and the NHLPA are still in their meeting in New York. I guess the longer this goes the more optimistic we should feel. Apparently they started the meeting at 1:30.

Originally posted by Quebecois

I'm guessing that the NHL and the NHLPA are still in their meeting in New York. I guess the longer this goes the more optimistic we should feel. Apparently they started the meeting at 1:30.

Thats also what I think. If the 2 sides had nothing to talk about, and wanted to cancel the season then the meeting would have lasted no more then 5 minutes. The fact that its lasted so long is a good sign. I bet something gets done soon.

Apparently we won't hear anything tonight but the talks are continuing as we speak. My optimism is growing, i fear i will be disapointed again tomorrow morning but you never know.

Tomorrow morning could feel like Christmas or the first day of school.

If there isnt going to be a season, i beg the NHL to just tell us now. I am sick and tired of being optimistic every time they get into meetings only to be shot down. It's bad enough we don't get a season, but it's almost like the NHL doesn't care that it's fans are being tortured like this.

The NHL made another proposal today, and it was rejected about 2 seconds later by the NHLPA...

http://tsn.ca/news_story.asp?ID=114287&hubName=main

I guess this is the NHLPA's way of admitting that their own (pa's) Dec 8th proposal is worthless and does nothing to help fix the real problems of the NHL.

Bettman has a press conference set for 6:30pm est tonight. Looks like he's going to finally announce a DDD (drop dead date). I still beleive that this season will be saved, both sides have way too much to lose, if the season is cancelled the revenue pie will shrink, nobody wins!

If the NHL season is saved its going to be bad news for alot of Euro league teams, especially Ak-Bars.. lol ... poor bastards (actually... filthy RICH bastards)

[Edited on 2005-2-9 by puck7x]