Changes to the game

Leafs Suck

Originally posted by ch_nl

I acctually think that Germany is the key. Sweden, Finland, Czech Republic and Russia may be the best countries outside north america but like in all pro sports money is essential.

Germany and Switzerland has been playing really well in the last World Juniors and if there will be more stars from the region I think it will boost german hockey even more. Maybe Goc's younger brother?

I still remember the world championships in Germany a couple of years ago and the nice feedback they got. The Arena in Köln (Cologne) may be one of the better in the world from what I've heard.

Soccer will probably always be the biggest sport since basicly every country in the world has the chance to play but hockey is a really cool sport and I think that if the development continues it just might be big enough to challenge soccer in some regions in europe.

Germany would be a big market but they've mainly soccer ... if I turn on the TV, there are only soccer shows. Sometimes a private TV station shows games from the German national team but that's it. You can only watch the DEL and NHL via Premiere, which you've to pay for. In Austria we've the same problem ... NHL and our league only via Premiere but the games from the National team will be televised on a free TV station.

Yes, the Köln Arena is quite a nice one and as I know also one of the bigger in Europe. Perhaps they Krauts will get a Nowitzki in hockey because a Sturm or a Kölzig aren't really stars in Germany.