Difficult question about former Hab

Doktor Kosmos

A girl on a different messege board where I post regularly asked me this question:

BTW doc do you remember that Swedish player who had a short stint with the Habs more than a decade ago? He was good but i can't remember his name, i think he wasn't able to cope with the tougher north American style of play even tough he was very talented.  
Can anyone help me out?

I suggested Patrik Kjellberg, Patrik Carnbäck, Kjell Dahlin and Thomas Rundqvist, but she says neither one was the one she was thinking of. I know the question is as far from being specific as it can be, personally I could use a more detailed guess about which year it is... but never the less.

She's also offered me such clues as:

Neither, he played less than a season & had a very promising start, then he left the NHL.  I think his name ended with "..in" or "..en".  
and
Dammit! I can't find him yet but if you can suggest a site which offers rosters, all seasons, then i'll target him. I'm pretty sure he played late eighties or early nineties.

It annoys me because i have a good memory but this guy just eludes me right now. He played less than a season, i was always intigued as to why he left the Habs & the NHL, he was atalented offensive (winger?) player.  

Thanks in advance guys!

ADD: I figured this would be the best place to ask. :/)

[Edited on 2005/3/17 by Doktor Kosmos]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...