My EHM

Fanpuck33_

My individual EHM is going quite well, building my confidence for the HWEHM.

Last season I made it to the conference finals with 4 rookies playing significant roles, along with a 23 year old goalie. Sidney Crosby was well worth the price I paid for him, after 2 seasons in juniors and one in the NHL he's already a 75 OA.

Also, the Habs have been quite nice to me. I grabbed Jason Ward and Yann Danis in the waiver draft (in different years) and picked up Kyle Chipchura in FA after they did not tender him an offer. He ended up fourth in rookie scoring for me last year, on my 3rd line.

It doesn't matter how much points, wins, etc. he'll have in his first seasons ... there are values (potential, potential ceilings & consistency) which say how good a player will improve. I've changed these things for lots of prospects, also for your G Leclair.

It depends how long the improvement of a player takes ... the higher the potential and potential ceilings, the better.

Just goes to show ratings don't mean everything.

Still, you would think production would be able to over-ride ceilings. I have a number of players (Such as LeClaire, Alexandre Picard, and Adam Pinneault) who are putting up numbers far superior than their rankings, but have apparently reached their ceilings. I'd say they've broken right through said ceilings.

Anyway, as long as they produce, who cares if they aren't rated high? Just means I get to pay good players cheap money.

[Edited on 4-3-05 by Fanpuck33]

The players will only develop to their ceilings if they are a potential 100. Potential 9 players are good all around, and potential 8 guys are usually very good. Potential 7 players can be good with good ceilings.

For the other question, the little thing that holds a young player back can be his strength. If the player is weak, they tend not to do so good until they're stronger which can be developed by physic training

Man, the All-Star selections are bogus too. Pascal LeClaire leads the league in GAA and SV%, is second in wins, yet didn't make the team, while Marty Turco made it with a .500 record and a GAA .7 higher than LeClaire's.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Man, the All-Star selections are bogus too. Pascal LeClaire leads the league in GAA and SV%, is second in wins, yet didn't make the team, while Marty Turco made it with a .500 record and a GAA .7 higher than LeClaire's.

Yes I've also recognized that, it's also the same for the NHL/AHL All Star teams at the end of a season.

BTW. I think it's possible to manually select the All Star teams ... would be an idea for our league?