Habs games in Ottawa

l.moustakas

Hello forum members!

I have just moved to Ottawa for work and, of course, one of my more pressing concerns is finding some good spots to watch the Habs games. In spite of my new geographic location, I have no plans on rooting for the Sens.

So, what are some good bars, pubs or other spots for Habs games in Ottawa?

Thanks!

Hello forum members!

I have just moved to Ottawa for work and, of course, one of my more pressing concerns is finding some good spots to watch the Habs games. In spite of my new geographic location, I have no plans on rooting for the Sens.

So, what are some good bars, pubs or other spots for Habs games in Ottawa?

Thanks!

I'm a displaced Montrealer who's been in Ottawa for about 10 years. I haven't made a point of looking for bars that give priority to Habs games, as I don't expect to have much success and every single game can be found in HD on TV. That being said, as long as the Sens aren't playing, most bars will automatically default to Habs or at least be willing to put them on if you ask. It may have been a joke, but VanWhelan is right. You'll have much more success if you cross the river and find a bar in Gatineau. It's only a 5 minute drive from downtown Ottawa...

I'm a displaced Montrealer who's been in Ottawa for about 10 years. I haven't made a point of looking for bars that give priority to Habs games, as I don't expect to have much success and every single game can be found in HD on TV. That being said, as long as the Sens aren't playing, most bars will automatically default to Habs or at least be willing to put them on if you ask. It may have been a joke, but VanWhelan is right. You'll have much more success if you cross the river and find a bar in Gatineau. It's only a 5 minute drive from downtown Ottawa...

Can't help with the bar request, but I also lived in Ottawa for a couple of years after having spent much of my childhood and youth in Montreal. I just want to say, don't listen to the naysayers - it's really a lovely town with a lot of green space, an unusual per centage of interesting people, and outstanding cultural opportunities for a city of its size (including the best art gallery in Canada and, of course, the gorgeous parliament buildings). I live in the Vancouver area now and I'd go back there in a flash. (Then again, if you're an 18-year-old on the party, then it's true that it's Hull or bust. And while you're getting loaded on La Maudite, be sure to dig the statue of the Rocket outside the Museum of Civilization).

Can't help with the bar request, but I also lived in Ottawa for a couple of years after having spent much of my childhood and youth in Montreal. I just want to say, don't listen to the naysayers - it's really a lovely town with a lot of green space, an unusual per centage of interesting people, and outstanding cultural opportunities for a city of its size (including the best art gallery in Canada and, of course, the gorgeous parliament buildings). I live in the Vancouver area now and I'd go back there in a flash. (Then again, if you're an 18-year-old on the party, then it's true that it's Hull or bust. And while you're getting loaded on La Maudite, be sure to dig the statue of the Rocket outside the Museum of Civilization).

No, I'm not an 18-year old sur le party, but the statue idea is good anyway. In any case, I moved to Ottawa for work, and so far it is making a very good impression on me. Rumors of its boringness seem greatly exaggerated.

Oh, and I I should mention that I am TV-less and Car-less, which is why I am making this particular query. While I figure I will sign up for NHL Centre Ice Online, every now and then, it might be nice to see a game on a bigger screen.

I second the Gatineau recomendation ;) Every place here will show the Habs game so its only a matter of picking your favourite.

Some places that have multiple TVs in Ottawa could show the Habs on 1 of their screen. I remind the Boston Pizza in Orléans doing that.

• 3 years later...

Replying on old post because searching the topic on the internet I found this old post. I moved to Ottawa from Montreal and wanted to know where to go and watch Habs games with other Habs fans in town. Why not join the facebook group "habsfansinottawa" and discuss, plan and see where other Habs Fans are watching the games in Ottawa.

Just a suggestion.