Hamilton vs Lake Erie, 7 PM, Jan. 24

dlbalr

Wow, there was nearly a whole four weeks between matchups for Lake Erie and Hamilton. This time, Hamilton makes the trek to Lake Erie (and will also make the trek before a game on Saturday, gotta love the AHL's scheduling...) Garrett Stafford (suspension) is a no-go for the Bulldogs. With a win, Lake Erie would move into a 3-way tie with Hamilton for 3rd in the division.

ham09_500.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Andreas Engqvist (13)

Assists: Garrett Stafford (17)

PIMS: Zack FitzGerald (146)

+/-: Andreas Engqvist (+9)

le09_500.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Hugh Jessiman (19)

Assists: Tyson Barrie (21)

PIMS: David Liffiton (77)

+/-: Cameron Gaunce (+13)

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM EST and can be listened to by clicking this link: http://cham.player.amri.ca/

I find the stadium announcer in Cleveland is obnoxious too. It's odd that he announces when opposition power plays are over. Doesn't this kill the chances of surprise when a player jumps out of the penalty box? Not sure why it's legal and I can't think of too many rinks where this happens.

Wish they would take colour man Al Craig on the road a bit more, although he does tend to giggle a lot and leave his mic on when play is on. JMO but probably when they have the fewest listeners (home games), they have the better staffing, but on the road, the loyal followers (folks who attend home games) are listening to DW solo

makes me wish that Delmas could have stayed a bit longer

Can't say I disagree, Mike. It's evident Lawson isn't a long term solution and although Mayer had a really good stretch the last little bit, that seems to have been an aberration. Delmas has the best upside and with the Habs lacking in goalie depth, they need to see sooner or later what he can do. Fortunately he still has a couple years left on his deal, I'd have to think the plan is to keep him down for the rest of this year and then move up full time next year.