Lake Erie vs Hamilton, 7:30 PM, Mar. 2

dlbalr

1-1 through 1. Engqvist has the PPG for Hamilton. Alex Henry isn't in the lineup for this one, I sincerely hope the Habs didn't get the bright idea to call him up as a forward. Lake Erie's goon was ejected in the period for boarding.

not a bad game considering a short roster again. I think Fitzy set a record for playing minutes as a result. Calibre of officiating again must have occasional spectators scratching their heads about this league. Neither official, Keith Koval or Terry Koharski were going to call a penalty when Joe Callahan was boarded. Looks like another concussion. Then they decided to put up two minutes and then after conferring with the linesmen, changed it to five and a game. Ex Bulldog, current Monster Cedric Desjardins was pretty fortunate especially in o/t. He's a flopper but seems to stand tall in shoot outs. Little imagination in the shoot out but honestly the Copps ice is horrid in the third and gives teams little to work with in the shoot out.

Still not a fan of the shoot out and three point games. Leblanc again (imo) being a little selfish and not passing. DiSimone guilty too

League officals were there from the officiating branch i.e. Kevin Collins. I think the Linesmen got an A+ but the guys with the red arm bands would likely barely get a passing grade, letting the picks we saw called at the start of the season, go unpenalized.

Mike, would you be able to give us a bit of an idea what the lines were for this game? I didn't catch much of it; I'm curious if Leblanc/Engqvist (both recalled) were on the same line or not.

sorry dl but the coach was juggling lines so much, I couldn't keep up with them and gave up writing down the lines. One minute Fitzy and Fast were playing forward and the next back on D. And with the call up of Engqvist and Leblanc, regardless of what the ever optomistic broadcast crew say, I think the white towel has been waved as far as this season. I guess Malka will be on the way back from Wheeling and maybe Peter Lenes will be back on another pto.

The final few games are going to be are hard sell. Tomorrow's game is a "bring your dog" to the arena (organized by Alex Henry's girlfriend) and am praying that the steaming piles of dog poop are outside the building and figuratively not on the ice. The road trip from hell is coming up (3 1/2 weeks outside of Hamilton) and worry that it will be out of site out of mind. I won't go to the games at the Ricoh as I can't take that crowd and don't like to see the team humiliated by a strong Marlies team. Including tomorrow, there are only 5 home games left.