Dec. 28, St. John's vs Hamilton, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

bulldogs-mar-14.jpg

The last time I tried to post a STJ-HAM game thread, the site went dead, let's hope for better luck this time around. The Bulldogs (10-15-1-2) could certainly use some good luck as they look to put an end to a season long losing streak while attempting to get into a tie for 29th in the AHL tonight. The IceCaps (14-16-0-1) have had a disappointing start to the year but sit just a few points out of playoff contention. Antoine Corbin and Steve Quailer are both healthy scratches which means Mike Commodore and Alexander Avtsin will likely play.

Projected St. John's Lines:
(based on last matchup)

Jaffray - Gagnon - Machacek

Klingberg - Maxwell - Telegin

Gregoire - Macenauer - Sawada

Schnell - Mouillerat - Clark

Meech - Redmond

Postma - Chiarot

O'Neill - Arsene

Pasquale

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Blunden - Holland - Gallagher
Bournival - Chaput - Nattinen
Hagel - Dumont - Leblanc
Avtsin - Fortier - Stortini

Beaulieu - Ellis
Tinordi - St-Denis
Nash - Commodore

Mayer

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM, Funny820 as always will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen. TVA Sports and Sportsnet also have this game on the TV side.

b3c3beef41003b505020c34da664c6cb.222x222

team has been in a definite funk since Ian (Lammy) hasn't been able to attend on a regular basis-lol

Dumont had a career night (3 goals and 2 assists) in a 6-3 Hamilton victory. Nash (EN) snapped a 41 game goalless drought (dating back to March of 2011) while Leblanc and Ellis (GWG) also scored. The Bulldogs were terrific in the first (scored 3 goals), awful in the second (allowed 3 goals), and good in the third period (scored 3 goals).

It has been a while since I could type this, bring on the banana! :1banana:

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1010309

good summation. I thought Koharski was tipping the penalty calls in favour of the Ice Cappucinos in the third (or at least evening up the total) when he gave Dumont a roughing penalty after he went after a St. John player who cheap shotted him and ran.

I admit Mayer gives me the willies everytime I see a puck bouncing towards him.

They wore that sort of ugly cream coloured third jersey tonight at home. Maybe they should keep wearing it for luck. Hope it looked better on tv than in person. I like the mid Blue Big H jersey from a few years ago but that no longer works with the home team wearing white.

Nice to see Avtsin back and he was even on the PK.

We may have lost Nats with an arm injury. Seemed to take one in the forearm and never played after that. I wish the broadcast crew would talk about something like that post game rather than Derek buying giant chocolate bars in Hershey or the World Juniors. As a result, Al Craig didn't have time for his game notes (which are actually acknowldedgements to all the advertisers)

Nice crowd of 6,000 considering game was on Sportsnet. $3.00 beer helps but that only works to a point until security costs start to outweigh the benefits when the drunken frat boy factor is factored in.

Just wonder why Al Craig doesn't do colour on road games-at least close ones like Cleveland and Rochester. I'd bet dollars to donuts that the away games have a larger listnership than the home games

team has been in a definite funk since Ian (Lammy) hasn't been able to attend on a regular basis-lol

LOL!! Haven't really thought about it like that but it's true. Maybe I will try to get my hands on a "Bruiser doll" and do some Voodoo magic.

They wore that sort of ugly cream coloured third jersey tonight at home. Maybe they should keep wearing it for luck. Hope it looked better on tv than in person. I like the mid Blue Big H jersey from a few years ago but that no longer works with the home team wearing white.

No, it looked horrific on TV as well. I wouldn't have minded the jersey had it been white, cream colour doesn't work for me.

We may have lost Nats with an arm injury. Seemed to take one in the forearm and never played after that. I wish the broadcast crew would talk about something like that post game rather than Derek buying giant chocolate bars in Hershey or the World Juniors. As a result, Al Craig didn't have time for his game notes (which are actually acknowldedgements to all the advertisers)

I don't recall the Sportsnet feed mentioning that either (although I was flipping between that and basketball).

Just wonder why Al Craig doesn't do colour on road games-at least close ones like Cleveland and Rochester. I'd bet dollars to donuts that the away games have a larger listnership than the home games

He does the games in Toronto on the road. Maybe his day job interferes with any road games beyond that.

My favourite is still the white 10th Anniversary "Saturday Night Vintage" jersey --- white with the blue stripe acoss the chest.