Jan. 19, Leafs/Habs AHL-style, 7 PM

dlbalr

c6ebd6944725b262a5872836e857.jpg

It's Round 2314 of the season series between the Marlies (22-12-1-2) and the Bulldogs (13-20-1-4). (Okay, it's only Round 9 - I think...) Tonight's game is a sellout as well (lower bowl only). With both teams losing some players (and the Marlies adding a few as well), these lines are straight up guesses.

Projected Toronto Lines:

Deschamps - Zigomanis - Abbott

D'Amigo - Connolly - Frattin

Ashton - Colborne - Ryan

McKegg - Acton - Scott

Mottau - Blacker

Ranger - Gysbers

Syvret - Grimshaw

Rynnas

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Quailer - Bournival - Dumont

Murovich - Tenute - Holland

Lefebvre - Chaput - Leblanc

Hagel - Fortier - Stortini

Tinordi - DeSantis

St. Denis - Commodore

Beaulieu - Ellis

Mayer

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM, Funny820 as always will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

b3c3beef41003b505020c34da664c6cb.222x222

If the Dogs are a school/development team, why aren't they playing Avtsin instead of signing new filler guys? Is there still hope in his case? He's got size and skills. What's missing?

The effort. For whatever reason, he tries when he wants to and that hasn't been often. As a coach, what is more appealing, a player who gives you a 5 out of 10 performance (the PTO guys) or one who could give you a 7 out of 10 once in a while but more regularly a 3 or 4 out of 10? There's more upside with Avtsin but a lot more risk. At this point, I'd have to imagine there are some off-ice concerns as well but that's speculation on my end.

what breaks my heart (beside being in a rink where half the crowd seems to be cheering for the opposition (but not wearing opposition jerseys-instead the parent clubs) is that the Marlie Goalie (Owuya-sp?) was only a couple feet out of the net when the extra player jumped on the ice into the play that lead to the tieing goal. Dumont tried to point this out to veteran lineman Kevin Ferguson to no avail.