Feb. 18, Americans vs Bulldogs, 3 PM

dlbalr

13b20e2f4123919b725dcabaa52c.jpeg

The Bulldogs (19-24-1-5) will look to extend their season-long winning streak to 5 games as they host Rochester (26-18-2-1) in an Family Day matinee. For those who are still hoping that Hamilton has a shot at the playoffs, the Americans presently hold the 8th and final playoff spot (and Hamilton is 11 points back).

Projected Rochester Lines:

(based on last games' +/- data)

Rissmiller - Porter - Mancari

Girgensons - Adam - Tarnasky

Varone - Schofield - Legault

Roy - Sundher - Ellis

McNabb - Pysyk

Biega - Pardy

Crawford - MacKenzie

Leggio

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Blunden - Tenute - Holland

Bournival - Dumont - Leblanc

Murovich - Chaput - Stortini

Hagel - Leveille - Lefebvre

Beaulieu - Pateryn

Tinordi - Stejskal

Ellis - DeSantis

Tokarski

Puck drop is at 3:00 PM, Funny820 as always will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

b3c3beef41003b505020c34da664c6cb.222x222

please Lord-no Koharski's

please Lord-no Koharski's

You got your wish...

Tokarski gets the start, still no Quailer/St. Denis. Leveille is in for Fortier (DTD, lower body), Lefebvre for Avtsin. It sounds like Quailer's injury may be a bit more long-term than expected.

I think the Blue Rodeo song "Lost Together" might aptly describe the play tonight. Defense was almost non existant and the coaching seemed to be mixing up the defensive pairings. I'd love to see player times but I get a feeling Pateryn is not 100% and I didn't even notice him until half way through the third period.

Passes were not crisp and it was noticeable that the ice was wet in the third, likely due to a Rum promotion with a F-150 crew cab on the ice not getting off until the 12 minute mark of the second intermission. Seemed to be a lot of falls on bothsides afterwards. Remember when there used to be a trip to Montreal every game courtesy of VIA Rail? Now Appleton makes people quallify every game for a chance at one trip. Losers got a cheap Dogs Jersey (not made by Rebok) with Appleton on the name plate and numbered XV, but I digress. I will give them credit for promoting a new Rum and Gingerale Appleton drink called the Bulldog which they were selling for $4.75

You know one of my pet peeves has always been officiating. I'll use Derek Will's line that referees Jeff Smith (Hamiton native btw) and Ryan Murphy "must have had hot dates" as they only called one penalty each and Rochester's was caused by chirping about a non call. It must be confusing for players going from Koharski's way of calling a game to Smith who calls nothing. Both teams were deserving of a lot more infractions.

I'm still amazed at the amount of ice time Stortini is getting. Coaching seems to be changing his role from designated fighter to a regular forward but I think what is being asked of him is beyond his talent level. Sounds like the team is not heading to Montreal until Thursday for the Friday game. Wonder if a couple extra days might help???

I think the Blue Rodeo song "Lost Together" might aptly describe the play tonight. Defense was almost non existant and the coaching seemed to be mixing up the defensive pairings. I'd love to see player times but I get a feeling Pateryn is not 100% and I didn't even notice him until half way through the third period.

Interesting that you mention Pateryn, the PBP guys were gushing over how well he was playing.

I'm still amazed at the amount of ice time Stortini is getting. Coaching seems to be changing his role from designated fighter to a regular forward but I think what is being asked of him is beyond his talent level. Sounds like the team is not heading to Montreal until Thursday for the Friday game. Wonder if a couple extra days might help???

Stortini has been promoted to the 3rd line, glad that I'm not the only one baffled by that.

Greg played well the last couple games but I'm pretty sure he isn't 100% after the fight the other night where he spent the five minutes in the dressing room rather than the penalty box. Blunden seems to give his everything and I am in awe as to how much ice he can cover for a big guy. He bales out his team mates almost every shift. The Stortini situation-it's almost laughable seeing defensemen trying to give him a home run break away pass when he has little speed,

I ponder if in many cases we're simply getting outcoached?

The Stortini situation-it's almost laughable seeing defensemen trying to give him a home run break away pass when he has little speed,

I ponder if in many cases we're simply getting outcoached?

I could understand moving Stortini moving up if he was riding shotgun with a youngster who some opponents were roughing up in recent games but that's not the case here. I know there's a lack of skill in the bottom six but surely Leveille would have been a better fit with Chaput and Murovich.