Feb. 24, Milwaukee vs Hamilton, 3 PM

dlbalr

The Bulldogs (20-25-1-5) look to get another win streak started this afternoon as they host the Admirals (24-21-3-3) - the Milwaukee ones, not Norfolk. Both teams have done well lately despite their low seeding in the standings, they have identical 6-4 records in their last 10 games. There is no word on whether Tenute/Stejskal (flu) are now ready to do or whether any of St. Denis, Fortier, and Avtsin are healthy. (Even if Avtsin is healthy, I doubt he'd play...)

-r105026%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

(based on last games' +/- data)

Liambas - Mueller - Latta

Winchester - Van Guilder - Beck

Henderson - Watson - Puustinen

McGrattan - Reid - Bang

Ekholm - Moore

Bartley - Jarvinen

Bitetto - Valentine

Smith

-r105019%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

Blunden - Tenute - Holland

Bournival - Dumont - Leblanc

Quailer - Leveille - Stortini

Hagel - Chaput - Lefebvre

Beaulieu - Pateryn

Tinordi - Stejskal

Ellis - DeSantis

Tokarski

Puck drop is at 3:00 PM, Funny820 as always will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

b3c3beef41003b505020c34da664c6cb.222x222

BBP-I think the two Admirals might have been due to one team migrating from another league (in this case the IHL when it folded)

-kind of a lacklustre game made more annoying by 2000 little kids with thunder sticks who seem to have a rather short attention span and then start annoying everyone. Ushers were likely watching the Daytona 500 in the bar. When we were at a SF Bulls ECHL game in Nov., the ushers had stop signs reading "please wait for the whistle". (Wish they were universal). Normal hockey etiquette dictates that but the once a year parents bringing in the kids are more interested in standing up mid play for another beer run.

-officials-mediocre at best with too many missed calls

-PBP crew mentioned post game that the Dogs have no natural goal scorers. Brian, I'll let you comment (couple guys on the current roster were touted as such). Admiral's goalie Magnus Hellburg is huge-listed as 6'5"-almost looked bigger. Blunden was very good again and could have won the Insurance award. Stortini missed point blank when the game was in reach. Milwaukee tough guy Bryan McGratton, Hamilton resident and former addict, was trying to get something going with Stortini. Ex Dog Brad Winchester played for the Admirals tonight.

-once again. PBP post gamed droned on with stats ad nauseum. Gave AHL scores and mentioned one ex Dog (Wyman) got a goal for someone else but then gave the NHL scores with goalies and goal scorers. I don't listen to an AHL broadcast for NHL scores. :1gohabs:

• Upvote 1

-PBP crew mentioned post game that the Dogs have no natural goal scorers. Brian, I'll let you comment (couple guys on the current roster were touted as such).

It's an accurate statement in my opinion. Dumont has produced more than expected this season but he's not supposed to be a goal scorer in the pros. Guys like Leblanc, Bournival, and Holland all put up impressive numbers in junior but all project as two-way forwards at the next level, not scorers. I don't get to see the team often but I'd hazard a guess that Tenute is this teams' most skilled offensive player...and he's a playmaker, not a sniper. Gallagher, Geoffrion, and Palushaj were the legitimate scorers on this team and I highly doubt any of them see any more time with Hamilton this year.

• Upvote 1

How did they get two "Admirals" anyway? You'd think they would have prevented that

When Milwaukee joined the AHL after the IHL folded, they were allowed to keep their IHL team name.

• Upvote 1