March 27/29, Heat vs Bulldogs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

7824865.jpg

The Bulldogs (26-32-1-5) will look to once again play spoiler tonight as they host Abbotsford (30-29-3-6) for the second straight game. We'll find out later in the day if Dumont/Tinordi are available to play. I would imagine Tokarski gets the nod in goal. The D pairings are a guess given Beaulieu's recall.

Projected Abbotsford Lines:
(based on +/- data from last game)

Baertschi - Walter - Horak

Sylvester - Jones - Reinhart

Aliu - Laing - Testwuide

Ruegsegger - Street - Nemisz

Lamb - Matczak

MacKenzie - Callahan

Seigo - McKelvie

Taylor

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Belzile - Tenute - Holland
Bournival - Nokelainen - Leblanc

Vail - Chaput - Lefebvre
Hagel - Ouellet - Stortini

St. Denis - Pateryn
Grassi - Stejskal

Merth - Ellis

Tokarski

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM, Funny820 as always will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

b3c3beef41003b505020c34da664c6cb.222x222

Dogs hold on to win 5-3. Tenute with a nice two goals. Belzile looked right at home and was one of the stars. Mayer let in a couple softies in the third period but can be forgiven as the shots were all by the Heat in the second and third. Chaput hurt in a collision with Stortini.

Other notes: Barry Brust replaced Taylor in the Heat goal at the start of the second period

PBP mentioned Mayer has never had a shut out in his pro career. I thought when Pateryn put the Dogs up 4-0 it might happen

The defense in the second and third reminded me of a three stooges routine-just too much runnning around and I think the puck was in the Dogs end in the second period for the first five minutes for example. Merth was used only sparingly. :hyper:

The Bulldogs mathematically stay alive to fight another day (they can't afford to lose another game in regulation to maintain even the slimmest of hope). Good to hear Belzile is going well, if he keeps this up he may be worthy of an AHL deal next season. Any thoughts on Grassi (#61)? :1banana:

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1010840

I though Grassi looked solid - Size wise he looks good-maybe his equipment exagerates this but to me looks tall but with short legs. I'll have to look up his stats. He has already been out at the schools in Hamilton helping with the kid's breakfast programs. I noticed the jerseys off our backs program feature none of the new guys and I think Avtsin's ballot box and jersey have disappeared (along with Avtsin right Brian-lol). Oulett looked a little slow-we'll see if that improves-but he did save a goal early in the game. That line can only afford one slow guy (Zach). As I mentioned before, we didn't see a lot of Merth.

One poor bit of planning tonight was a post game autograph session. Nobody seemed to know about it until it was announced. They said it was the first of three-this late in the season?????? And with a small crowd of around 2500, it makes you wonder if it was worth it. They've done some dumb things this season is marketing. (like selling tickets at Fortino's for ten bucks making it cheaper than the season ticket holder rate and a horrid little program that they have the audacity to ask five bucks for. I have an incredible one from Binghamton last weekend that sells for a dollar.) Off topic, but I've been told there is a "town hall" meeting on April 12 for fans to bring up these issues. The ticket reknewal for next year is saying 38 games but fans are wondering if that will magically change to 36 again if there are games in Mtl. There was no compensation for fans in Hamilton when two games were dropped to accomodate the Mtl games.

Dogs hold on to win 5-3. Tenute with a nice two goals. Belzile looked right at home and was one of the stars. Mayer let in a couple softies in the third period but can be forgiven as the shots were all by the Heat in the second and third. Chaput hurt in a collision with Stortini.

Other notes: Barry Brust replaced Taylor in the Heat goal at the start of the second period

PBP mentioned Mayer has never had a shut out in his pro career. I thought when Pateryn put the Dogs up 4-0 it might happen

The defense in the second and third reminded me of a three stooges routine-just too much runnning around and I think the puck was in the Dogs end in the second period for the first five minutes for example. Merth was used only sparingly. :hyper:

Mayer with a shutout? :rofl::lol: Never going to happen.

Hamilton trails 3-1 in the 2nd. Tinordi and Dumont are both in after being sent down while Quailer and Stejskal also are back. They replace Beaulieu, Chaput, Hagel, and Merth, respectively.

However, for reasons that remain incomprehensible, Tokarski is sitting yet again for Mayer.

Mayer definitely did a Jeckyl and Hyde deal again. Let in a softee (4th goal)-seemed to be cheating the wrong way but was brilliant in break away saves caused by goofs made by Leblanc and St. Denis. He still seems to have rebound control problems. And misplaying the puck while the Dogs were on a PP, led to Pateryn taking a penalty

Tinordi came back and had two goals go in off of him-second Heat goal was off his stick and the third off his skate.

Brian-did PBP mention if Chaput is injured or a healthy scratch?, I assume injured from that collision with Stortini Wed he is likely injured.

PBP still seem to hold hope for playoffs but I guess they have to tow the company line. Still find them annoying that they will give NHL scores mentioning goalie and scorers but not so for AHL scores. At least they could give the goalies and scorers for games in our division if they want to develop some sort of loyalty to the AHL product (but I realize most likely hold aspirations of being NHL broadcasters and many are just bad enough to move up-lol)

-hoping Hagel is back tomorrow.

-at least the last minute flury with the goalie pulled made it exciting

-$3.00 beer night brings out a different crowd-a few more neandrethals

-am I the only one thinking it's sort of wierd when the jumbotron operator puts up "Make Some Noise" two times while the Dogs were on a PK????? :rolleyes: