Redden on the Move?

gohabsgo252006

I haven't heard which teams are interested, but I he's rumoured to be on the move because of the salary problems the Sens are going to have.

I would love to see Redden in the CH, although it's highly unlikely that a trade between division rivals would occur, perhaps Gainey could pull off another three teamer like he did to get Bonk.

Either way that would be a solid addition of #2 defenceman for any team that gets him.

Here's to hoping and dreaming.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

I am sure Hossa would love to have his little brother in Ottawa. Plus a few others.

Hossa + Theodore

for

Redden + Havlat, pick

YAY!

Theodore is a bigger salary problem.. I don't think Ottawa would do that.

You're joking... I expect... :lol:

Yes, it would be great to have Redden and Havlat :) (the pick would likely be a non-issue because usually Ottawa would finish near or at the top of the league so, at best, a 25th pick... pretty weak possibilities).

My biggest 'but' is who's going to backstop for our team? :o There's no one in the system and no one available (Free agents) who could do an adequate job like Théodore.

So, nada, nyet, nein, non, no thanks. :nono:

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

He's a good player but we already have 10 defenseman who can play in the NHL. If we 3-team for him we'd have to dish out Rivet and maybe another D-man.

The sens are looking for the same type of package St. Louis receivered for Pronger. Maybe Souray and Hainsey for Redden. It works at so many levels... salary releaf for both teams and a first round prospect for the sens.... to get quality for have to give something up

Hainsey is no Brewer.

I highlty doubt that the Sens would really deal him to the Habs. IF he came to the Habs, he'd play Ottawa 8 times this season. Not a good idea.

I figure if they do trade him, that he'll go West, or South.

I love the Habs and this is my first post in HW. Living in Ottawa we constantly hear how Muck is improving or destroying the Sens. I hear however that this Redden move has really interested Detroit as they are looking for a D-man. Word going around is that Smoke and Redden may go to Detroit for Datsyuk, Zetterberg and a possible pick. I was wondering if anyone thinks that the big "BG"can get in and make a play for Redden or any of these other players I have mentioned or do we even need to make a move. We definitely have speed. I just don't want to hear a should of/could of scenario later on by missing the boat.

Originally posted by 4themaster

I just on't want to hear a should of/could of scenario later on by missing the boat.

Well, guess what, you're going to hear it no matter what happens. It's the nature of the human beast. ::?-

Welcome to the community. Lots of fun, lots of info, lots of discussion.

:ghg : :ghg: :ghg:

Ideally, I would try to deal a player of Redden's calibre to a team out of the Northeast division (most importantly) and out of the Eastern conference.

Last thing you need is a decision like this to come bite you in the ass and cost you a win.