John Madden's Salary

BTH

He's clearly overpaid, but is still a great penalty killer who can chip in with goals here and there. Probably making $1.5-2.0 million too much. Most overpaid? Not by a long shot.

I submit:

Doug Weight - $5.7 million. Hasn't topped 15 goals or 70 points in any of his past 3 season and is aging rapidly. These are Saku numbers with a weaker defensive game. Overpaid by $2.7 million.

Alexei Yashin - $7.6 million. Bad attitude, injury risk, weak defensive game. A one-dimensional player who is no longer top-tier in his one dimension. Would have been bought out if not for the fact that the Islanders would have had to swallow a $30 million loss to do so. Good for 25-30 goals and 70 or so points. Overpaid by 3.6 million (at least).

with Milbury running that team, i doubt if the islanders would have bought him out, even if they only had to pay him a fraction of that cost??

How the hell does that guy keep his job?

which leads me to the next question?

Votes for DUMBEST GM in overpaying players?

my vote is a tie for the new york gm's - Milbury and Sather.

Bill Guerin makes 6.7 and in my eyes that makes him overpaid.

Robert Lang makes 3.8 while his team mate Shanahan makes 2.2. I guess that makes Lang overpaid.

Nashville may took the chance at Kariya at 4.5. He may be worth that money but still... A bit overpaid.

Jaromir Jagr... I don't know how much he will be making but he will be overpaid.

The Flyers pay Brashear 1.7 million dollar.

And finaly: Half of the Leafs roster.

3.8M for Lang isn't much. He was the league's leading scorer last year or atleast until he was traded to the Red Wings at the trade deadline.

Madden makes more money than Lang, Brad Richards, Koivu, Keith Primeau, Mike Rathje, Derian Hatcher, Nabokov, Luongo, Palffy, Malakhov, Mogilny and many other great players.

Other very overrated players are:

Keith Tkachuk: $7.6M

Bryan McCabe: $3.458M

Mats Sundin: $6.84M

Todd Bertuzzi: $5,269,333

But most of the overpaid players are former superstars who signed multi-year deals so after they start going downhill they're still using their superstar contract. The rest are Leafs:)

He almost makes as much as I do... over my lifetime... lol.

NOT! He makes MORE than I will in my lifetime... still lol

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

Madden makes more money than Lang, Brad Richards, Koivu, Keith Primeau, Mike Rathje, Derian Hatcher, Nabokov, Luongo, Palffy, Malakhov, Mogilny and many other great players.

lol.....I like how Malakhov made the "great players" list