Something From Nothing

BTH

Try and make the best team possible by using players from some of the worst (to average) teams in the NHL.

Washington

Minnesota

Nashville

Oilers

Islanders

Kings

The problem is that the GMs have protected every player with a salary of $2M or more. You're teams salary cap is $25M. Each team must contribute atleast two players and two players total is the minimum players allowed under $750,000.

I'll post my team right after this.

Washington

Minnesota

Nashville

Oilers

Islanders

Kings

LW Jason Blake 1.5

RW Trent Hunter 1

D Brad Lukowich 1

C Todd White 1.4

C Jeff Halpern 1.2

RW Andrei Nazarov .625

D Filip Kuba 1.7

RW Radek Dvorak 1.6

LW Alexander Semin .900

D Jason Smith 2

LW Alexander Frolov 2

LW Luc Robitaille 1

RW Jordin Tootoo .646

D Jamie Allison .450

D Nathan Dempsey .874

C Denis Arkhipov 1

C Andrew Cassels 1.5

D Brendan Witt 1.7

G Manny Fernandez 1.7

G Mathieru Garon 1.2

Blake - Cassels - Dvorak

Frolov - White - Hunter

Robitaille - Halpern - Tootoo

Semin - Arkhipov - Nazarov

Smith - Witt

Kuba - Lukowich

Allison - Dempsey

Garon

Fernandez

I like this team for a budget garbage collection of teams that wont make the play-offs.

And LA? A bad team?

With proven NHL stars like Roenick, Demitra, Conroy and Robitaille, and amazing young talent in Frolov, Garon, Avery, Gleason and Cammalleri, they can hardly be labelled average OR bad.

I think the only team that is truly bad is Washington, and even they'll put up a fight this year.

What this outlines, however, is that so many teams have improved (some out of sight), so the NHL is now truly competitive. Pittsburgh, Chicago, Atlanta, Nashville, Columbus, et al, can now stand next to Philadelphia, Detroit, Vancouver, Colorado and NJ.

Big question is: can the Habs?

Heheh.. wtvr you don't have to reply. I was bored so I just did that.

First of all, I said bad to average teams. None of those teams are above average. In my opinion, Edmonton got ripped on the Pronger trade. Washington didn't get anybetter than last year but the rest of the NHL did.

Nashville, will be a little better.

Also I said they protected players with over 2M salary so I couldn't take any of those guys like Demitra or Roenick. But LA wont be a cup contender. OK. Fine they're the lone above-average team.

Ah well...

Hehe, poor Bulis_the_Habbie. Maybe the best way you should have ask is: Make the best team with the lowest budget possible. Or the best team with a 20M payroll.

By the way, when I was thinking about that..it's really hard to predict the standings this year. I mean where do you put Pittsburgh? Will Colorado make the playoffs? Will Nashville win the Cup? (alright, kidding there) But Wow, it'll be a crazy year.

Originally posted by sakiqc

Hehe, poor Bulis_the_Habbie. Maybe the best way you should have ask is: Make the best team with the lowest budget possible. Or the best team with a 20M payroll.

By the way, when I was thinking about that..it's really hard to predict the standings this year. I mean where do you put Pittsburgh? Will Colorado make the playoffs? Will Nashville win the Cup? (alright, kidding there) But Wow, it'll be a crazy year.

So you can't blame me for not choosing the worst teams possible. To me the worst teams I can see are Minnesota and Edmonton. Every other team has good players now and might have a shot at the playoffs.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie
Originally posted by sakiqc

So you can't blame me for not choosing the worst teams possible. To me the worst teams I can see are Minnesota and Edmonton. Every other team has good players now and might have a shot at the playoffs.

wow I cant believe you just said that. Min and edm have both made the playoffs not last playoffs but the season before. If you want to rattle down shitty teams write down phoenix, caralina, Chicago, buffalo