Only 8th spot available in the East ?

MightyFan

Montreal (93) and the New York Islanders (91) rounded out the top eight. The seven teams that missed out were Buffalo, Atlanta, Carolina, Florida, the Rangers, Washington and Pittsburgh.

Of the seven teams on the outside looking in last time around, some of them still have no chance of cracking the top-eight this season. Buffalo finished ninth, but they were a full six points back of eighth place Montreal.

what an idiot. montreal finished 7th not 8th. dumbest thing is that he just said so three sentences before.

Except for the error mentionned before, the article seems to make sens.

My feeling before the season begin is in line with his conclusion, anyway, much more so than some of the predictions written lately by some fans in this forum that talked about a 5th position...which is far from how I feel about the team.

If they surprise me...so much for the better,...anyway, I know they gona put a good fight and give me plenty of satisfaction to watched them this year and that they will only get more powerfull in the next years to come.

The Habs have a bunch of young guys with something to prove. They will finish 6th or 7th in the division. It is hard to make as many changes as some teams have made and be competitive. Montreal has a good base of guys that were there last year and new guys that deserve a shot. Of course this is just my opinion...:hlogo:

OK.. I really think Toronto will not make the playoffs this year. I'm not saying this because I despise them (which I do) but simply because it seems inevitable..

Roberts, Nieuwendyk, Wesley, Mogilny, Leetch, Housley and Francis are gone (and Gilmour cuz he DID play a game with them)

Allison and Lindros are bound to get injured... again, and if they don't, theyre not like they used to be

(Allison already missed his first scrimmage for "precautionary reasons")

(And Lindros got decked by Kronwall (210lbs rookie) and had a bit of trouble getting up)

Nolan has passed his prime

Mariusz Czercawski's on the roster

This leaves them left with Sundin, McCabe, O'Neill, Domi, and so on..

The Habs seem to have the better team this time around

:/)

:ghg:

evidentdread you brought up something that many people wonder about, but never wish on anyone. Injuries. On the Leaf Channels (Take you pick) this morning it was said Allison had a minor hip injury. OK, training camp and the old guys are hurting already.

Lindros hit; I heard that Tie Dummy was mad at the rookie that nailed Erik the Brittle. Tie probably called for the team goon to step in because he is a finesse player now according to his stupid commercial with Dinosaur Don Cherry.

hehehehe just wondering when we are going to start hearing the Leaf fans start saying they are built for the playoffs again. I am glad montreal is built to get to the playoffs!