Three-year plan for Price

shortcat1

RDS.ca, in an article focussing primaily on Marcel Hossa has, in the fourth paragraph, a comment by Roland Melanson saying that the Canadiens have a 3-year plan for Price.

The implications are interesting but varied. One could say that, in three years,

1) he'll be with the team as a back-up for Théodore

2) he'll be the back-up for Danis (or some other goalie)

3) he'll be the #1 goalie

4) .....

I can't imagine it being #3 but, one never knows.

Any insights?

well lets see u also have halak which i think is going to play in hamilton this year i kinda think that danis will be theodore backup all year and huet probally be traded and maybe price playes 1 more year with his junior team and then goes up to hamilton for 2 and ya maybe he becomes a backup at the nhl but i have a feeling when theodore contract is done in 3 years that he will be gone

[Edited on 2005/9/22 by DANFALCAO]

[Edited on 2005/9/22 by DANFALCAO]

Players that play in the CHL aren't allowed to play in the AHL until they're 20 years old. That means that Price will be in the juniors for another 2 years. Then he will play in the AHL.

Theo signed a 3 year contract, so I see Price making the club as #1 in 3 years if he does well in the AHL. Theo will be looking for a new long-term contract after he's 3 years and I don't see Price playing #2 for 3 or 4 years. One of the 2 will have to go in 3 years.

I see Price being our #1 with the Habs signing a veteran as #2 to support him.