Raitis Ivanans-info please

HABZRULE

I'm putting this on the Bulldogs portion to see if we can agree on whether he can play/fight or is he destined to be a career AHL'er. Anyone with info ,please help. I only heard his 1 fight on the radio-1 missed punch and down to the ice. Help!!!!!:hlogo:

I saw him at a Bulldogs game, last spring and this guy is HUGE! He towered over the majority of other players and, from what I could see, it was ALL muscle. I also saw him in an interview and my feelings towaards were not justified, they were AMPLIFIED!

I'd hate to get caught in any alley with him angry at me.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Julien as said about him lately that ''he was good at not compromising himself (bad penaltys) and that he is helpull in the present and will be in the futur''.

It remain an unclear ''quote'' to me but what has been very clear to me in the Atlanta game as I was sitting but a few feet behind the penalty box was the tangible monstruous strenght imparted from the man. A dissuading presence of the first order... and yes he did jammed a left on Perrot's nose in Toronto before flatting him to the ice.

Ivanans has pretty average (bad really) hockey skills. Definitely not NHL level. Vandermeer is way ahead of him in my opinion. I'd much rather see Vandy make the habs ahead of Ivananas. The only advantage Raitis has on Pete is size.

You may be right but I saw Vandy go with Mitch Fritz(another giant) and he looked pretty bad-remember McCabe VS. Chara...rag doll. I give Vandy credit for dropping the gloves against him but if he does that in the season, there is no spark(if that's what we need at the time) and if it's teaching a lesson.....well then I'd say Vandy was the one who was taught a lesson!

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by HABZRULE

remember McCabe VS. Chara...rag doll.

That was one of the most hilarious fights I've ever seen!

And Vandy didn't do so bad in that fight. The guy was 6"8 anyway so you can't blame him.

Pretty good hockey skills though. He might be better than Ivanans but Vandy isn't really an enforcer. He's more of a physical fourth-liner. Not what we need.