Pre-Season Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Sens | 10/01/05

Spider-Man NL

i'm going to go back on the posts to see if there's some stuff to comment on.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ddawwidd

Damn...

How I dislike Havlat...

i'd love to have him on my team. he's something like dave keon was back in the 60's - super player on the 'wrong' team (leafs)

I like Havlat. It's too bad he hat tricked (kinda) us, if you count the shootout goal. I also like Alfredsson's passes, leadership and powerplay skills. I'd like to see him play powerplay duty with Brian Leetch.

Originally posted by Brett38

By the way everyone...Marcel Hossa has scored for the Rangers. They are trailing the Bruins 4-1!

good for him. i hope, for his sake, that he does well. i do think that Gainey did what he could - get something for what he would lose for nothing.

what may be an important factor in montreal's favour is that 3rd round pick. it could be in the mid-sixties

Originally posted by Rooster

I've heard that the habs (prior to tonight's game) has the best PP% in the league in preseason play.  Anybody else heard this?  Two more PP goals tonight....strong penalty killers (in Begin, Pleks, Sundstrom, Bulis, Higgins)....the Habs look to be in great shape for this all all important special team year.

they did after the toronto games - 27 %, i think.

Originally posted by les_glorieux

By the way everyone...Marcel Hossa has scored for the Rangers. They are trailing the Bruins 4-1!

everyone knew it would happen:nono:

that sounds like doomsday talk. i know not everyone knew it would happen. i read many posts on here that thought otherwise. the frustration of the trade wasn't that hossa was traded (many had been calling for it for a long time), it was what they thought Gainey got back.

Hossa is flying out there. I'm watching the game and listening to the Habs game!!!

Like someone else said before, this is a story that has been told before about him... really good early and an ensuing dissappearance. On the other hand, it may be that hossa needed a change in scenery in order to be able to 'blossom'. If so, all the better for him as a player and a person

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

I like Havlat. It's too bad he hat tricked (kinda) us, if you count the shootout goal. I also like Alfredsson's passes, leadership and powerplay skills. I'd like to see him play powerplay duty with Brian Leetch.

very positive attitude, bulis. I appreciate it. :/) :/)

RDS just said that Sheldon Souray got injured to his left wrist, the same that sidelined him for the 2002-2003 season. I hope it's not serious, 'cause if it is, we're in deep trouble. Hainsey and Streit are too weak defensively to be 6th D-man.

Originally posted by jordy11

RDS just said that Sheldon Souray got injured to his left wrist, the same that sidelined him for the 2002-2003 season. I hope it's not serious, 'cause if it is, we're in deep trouble. Hainsey and Streit are too weak defensively to be 6th D-man.

Here we go again? :eyes:

RDS.ca states that, so far as they're concerned, Ivanans has won the role of 'protecteur' based on his fight with Brian McGrattan.

They feel that Vandermeer doesn't have the size/weight to take on enforcers like that. According to them, he will be sent down to Hamilton.

They also feel that Ivanans's nice pass to Bégin which almost resulted in a goal was another 'feather in his cap'.

Yep, we've got the best PP in the league. And we went 3 for 10 last night.

Ivanans didn't really win his fight though. They kind of tied and Vandermeer held his own against that Mitch Fritz guy (6"8).

Plekanec has 4 goals, 5 assists in 5 games. Is he the league leading point scorer in pre-season?

Bonk is also doing well with a goal and 7 assists in 4 games.

I now have a little more confidence in Yann Danis. Atleast enough to let him play the 8 or 9 games that he would as a part-time back-up.

Originally posted by Tony

Bah, forget all you read on the Internet for who's assured for a spot or not. Your best bet is to hear is from the Habs management themselves.

Amen, Tony. Ain't it the truth.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo: