Pre-Season Game Thread | Senators vs. Montreal | 10/02/05

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kovalev scores?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heatly misses!!!!!!!!!

Kyder (K) scores

Havlat misses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 2005-10-3 by puck7x]

Canadiens win shoot-out / consolation, I suppose

Originally posted by puck7x

Cutting Ivanans and Streit seems logical, but Julien could surprise us and cut Perezhogin, you never know.

That's right.

Heatley's the real thing, I bet... more power (literally) to Ottawa.

He's young too... crud... the rich get richer...

To tell you the truth, my first choice for the cup is Montreal but my second is certainly the Sens. I'd hate to see them become the Buffalo Bills of the NHL.

Good grief... 88 posts tonight... "I got blisters on my fingers!" (John Lennon - Helter Skelter)

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=138600

MONTREAL (CP) - Dany Heatley scored two goals and set up another as the Ottawa Senators posted a 3-0 NHL pre-season victory over the Montreal Canadiens on Sunday night.

Rookie Brandon Bochenski also scored for Ottawa, which broke open a 1-0 game with two quick goals in the third period.

It was a last pre-season game for players on both clubs battling for jobs to show what they can. Each team plans two last cuts before the deadline Monday.

The Senators ended the pre-season 7-1 while Montreal was 5-3.

Defenceman Andrej Meszaros tipped a pass to Heatley at the Ottawa blueline and the big winger charged up the ice and beat Jose Theodore with a low shot inside the near post 5:04 into the game.

The Senators dominated the opening period, outshooting Montreal 16-8, but the Canadiens also had chances. Craig Rivet had Ottawa starter Dominik Hasek beat as he skated across the crease, but his backhand shot went off the post.

Penalty killing units on both sides shone as the middle period saw a parade to the penalty box, including a call against Hasek for playing the puck outside the new restricted zone behind the goalline.

In the third, Theodore misplayed the puck in front of his net and Heatley slid it to Bochenski for a tap-in goal on a power play at 11:53.

Jason Spezza fed Heatley for a quick shot from the right faceoff circle that beat Theodore at 14:39. Heatley had six goals and eight assists in seven exhibition games for Ottawa.

Ray Emery took over from Hasek at 10:42 of the second period and made a smart save on Mike Ribeiro at the doorstep nine minutes into the third.

Theodore went all the way in goal for Montreal.

Ottawa outshot Montreal 32-28 before an announced crowd of 18,010.

The Canadiens rested defenceman Sheldon Souray and Francis Bouillon and forwards Chris Higgins, Steve Begin and Niklas Sundstrom.

Earlier Sunday, Montreal returned crowd favourite Guillaume Latendresse to his junior team, the Drummondville Voltigeurs.

Ottawa sat out defenceman Christoph Schubert and forwards Vaclav Varada and Brian McGratton.

The Senators begin the regular season in Toronto while Montreal plays in Boston, both on Wednesday night.

OTT_hasek_78467.jpg

Originally posted by puck7x

2-0 Sens, gift goal to Bochenski (no idea if I spelt that right) ...  ;)

You certainly did. One sticker for you! (My kindergarten kids would be excited by that.)

Originally posted by shortcat1

Announcer having a hard time with some of Ottawa's names... Zedno and Boshneski

One of them says SHTRITE and the other says Street.

Hmm...?

I don't like how they repeat the same comment over and over again. Higgins is very smart. He's a smart player. He's just so smart!

And the same about Sundstrom.