FAN 590 and the 'new' game

shortcat1

I'm watching/listening to that FAN 590 program on Rogers Sportsnet and, to my surprise, though they're obviously Leafs fans, they are still really impressed by the results of the new rules on the game itself.

They love the flow, they love the speed. They talk about the fact that they're actually watching a game from beginning to end and loving it. The fear that they have is that there will be "regression". There's discussions about some different stuff about the game but, still, the game is better.

I gotta say, I fully agree. My dad and I watched the game on Saturday night and we were both amazed with the speed of the movement. It was great!

:bow::hockey::bow::hockey::bow::hockey:

[Edited on 2005/10/10 by shortcat1]

Originally posted by shortcat1

I'm watching/listening to that FAN 590 program on Rogers Sportsnet and, to my surprise, though they're obviously Leafs fans, they are still really impressed by the results of the new rules on the game itself.

They love the flow, they love the speed. They talk about the fact that they're actually  watching a game from beginning to end and loving it. The fear that they have is that there will be "regression". There's discussions about some different stuff about the game but, still, the game is better.  

I gotta say, I fully agree. My dad and I watched the game on Saturday night and we were both amazed with the speed of the movement. It was great!

:bow::hockey::bow::hockey::bow::hockey:

This usually happens on Prime Time as Bobcat does not subscribe to the Leaf crap. He is the only host that does not jump on the Leaf bandwagon and I have much respect for him. His listeners are the higher quality of Toronto fan.

Originally posted by les_glorieux

can you listen online?

I don't know... sorry.

Oh... I see the answers just above. I was just responding as I read down the list.

I still find it kind of funny to be 'watching' a radio program on TV. Is it a kind of we need something to fill in these time slots like those New York dog shows or poker games on TSN. The last two don't qualify as sports in the strongest exaggeration of the term and I topically wander like running skin lotion. :lol:;):lol:

Originally posted by shortcat1
Originally posted by les_glorieux

can you listen online?

I don't know... sorry.

Oh... I see the answers just above. I was just responding as I read down the list.

I still find it kind of funny to be 'watching' a radio program on TV. Is it a kind of we need something to fill in these time slots like those New York dog shows or poker games on TSN. The last two don't qualify as sports in the strongest exaggeration of the term and I topically wander like running skin lotion. :lol:;):lol:

hahahahahahahahahaha

shortcat1 you kill me, well in the literal sense. That was funny.

I also equate watching Golf as a non sport but for some people it is. Its usually sunny so a little bit of sweat and low and behold, technically a sport. Great game to play though if you are good at it.

THE

YANKEES

ARE

ELIMINATED!

Goodbye 208 million dollar salary.

:):):)

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/news_story.asp?ID=139378

[Edited on 2005/10/11 by shortcat1]

I agree about Bobcat, he is probably the best radio host in the city. Changes his mind a bit sometimes, about Leafs and other local teams, but he is being honest.

Leafs Suck, that is a very cool avatar.