Garth Murray

Mark Napier

I don't know about others here but I believe that Gainey makes trades and other related moves in a very thought out manner. He's gathered a good support staff around him and he considers an awful lot before letting the hammer fall.

The choices of Bégin, Langdon, etc, are not done in a vacuum or out of a desire of just getting another guy. I'm sure the same applies to Garth Murray. Gainey and company must see something of worth in him to accept getting in exchange for Hossa.

He will make mistakes like the rest of us do but he WILL make good decisions more often than not.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Yeah he's not too bad a player and in the fight he wailed on the guy and after a couple of punches back, Murray just leaned off and decked the guy. I'm watching the home opener for the Bulldogs on a local channel as I live in Hamilton. The team is not looking good. You can really see that they miss the guys that were called up to Montreal. Not the same team at all. Michaud has made a few good saves and Vandermeer almost setup a sure goal but it the pass was delected away from the shooter. Corey Locke has been the best player for Hamilton. Game almost over, looks like Bulldogs are going to lose 3-1. They just pulled their goalie.

Originally posted by Mark Napier

Yeah he's not too bad a player and in the fight he wailed on the guy and after a couple of punches back, Murray just leaned off and decked the guy.  I'm watching the home opener for the Bulldogs on a local channel as I live in Hamilton.  The team is not looking good.  You can really see that they miss the guys that were called up to Montreal.  Not the same team at all. Michaud has made a few good saves and Vandermeer almost setup a sure goal but it the pass was delected away from the shooter.  Corey Locke has been the best player for Hamilton.  Game almost over, looks like Bulldogs are going to lose 3-1.  They just pulled their goalie.

Mark Napier what channel? I live right next door to Hamilton and would love to see some games live and on the tube.

Howie the game was on ch14 on cogeco cable. It's a community cable channel. Don't know if it would be anywhere other than Hamilton.

To answer the other question, he looked pretty uninterested out there. Seems like he didn't want to get involved in the play too much. A few flashes that something good might happen but generally lack luster. He played with Corey Locke which made him look a bit better. Locke was easily the Bulldogs best player. The team generally didn't look good probably because of the missing called up to the Habs. They only managed to muster 1 goal.

Originally posted by shortcat1

I don't know about others here but I believe that Gainey makes trades and other related moves in a very thought out manner. He's gathered a good support staff around him and he considers an awful lot before letting the hammer fall.

The choices of Bégin, Langdon, etc, are not done in a vacuum or out of a desire of just getting another guy. I'm sure the same applies to Garth Murray. Gainey and company must see something of worth in him to accept getting in exchange for Hossa.  

He will make mistakes like the rest of us do but he WILL make good decisions more often than not.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

I think Gainey is probably looking for a guy who can fill the fighters role but is also able to play some hockey like a Chris Simon or Bob Probert. Vandermeer or Ivanans may make acceptable goons but their hockey skills are a bit questionable. Obviously if Murray became a Probert or Simon type player, Gainey will have hit the jackpot having a guy that will protect the skilled players but isn't a liability on the ice even adding some goals. Here's hopin' !:hlogo: