Leafs are ahead of schedule

habmanonthepacific

Barely two weeks into the season and the Leafs are whining already, it usually doesnt start until december or so but I just had to laugh when i saw Pat Quinn and Tie Domi on TV a couple of nights ago crying and whining about the Atlanta thrashers disrespecting them and being too rough with their porcelain skulled super-star Eric Lindros. This is exactly the type of game the Leafs themselves have been playing for years, but now because they have the league's most fragile line-up, everybody is supposed to be all gentle and delicate... get real!

Just one more reason to hate the Leafs.:mad:

If they are as fragile as it would seem, it seems only reasonable for them to use the tactic that they are using. Whether it'll work or not, we'll see.

Also, if they are as fragile as it would seem, they are susceptible to suffer due to it.

There's only one thing that concerns me, morally that is, and it's that others will be out for them. It may seem ok but it's not. It's no more ok than it is to run Théodore so as to injure him or knock off his concentration.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

1958 - eight years old - carefree except for the bullies in town

[Edited on 2005/10/21 by shortcat1]

The Leafs are a known cheap-shot team around the league so they can't complain.

By the way, this has really been bothering me:

WHAT HAPPENED TO PAT QUINN'S EYES?

I heard something happened in an exhibition game but it looks like someone beat him up bad.

Id like to see Domi pick a fight with Komi next game.... I can see it now. DOMI Vs. KOMI...........predictions.. KO to Domis weird shaped head on the first punch! :)

speaking of Komisarek...what a game he had on saturday! He was all over Tucker, it was great to see, and hopefully his grit and enthusiasm will rub off on rivet and others on D.

But i wonder how Komi would do in a tilt against Dough-head Domi?

...course you know if it ever happened Domi and his sugar-daddy Quinn would be on the news that night bitching about it.

Pat Quinn, and his disciple, Tie Domi, are two of the biggest whiners in the NHL...oh, poor Darcy Tucker got hit from behind, and Eric got checked...oh my, someone should be arrested. Please! I'd pray for them both to be replaced, but that might make the Lafs better, so I guess we'll have to endure.....

But on their official wbsite they admit this:

The Leafs may have been a little lucky to snatch a 3-2 win over the Canadiens on Saturday. They were outshot 31-21, including 14-5 in the final period, and easily outchanced. But veteran goalie Ed Belfour bailed them out with a majestic performance.

At issue once again was defensive zone coverage, as the skilled Montreal forwards skated circles around the Leafs and enjoyed puck possession for much of the game.

Whats not to dislike about the Leafs ?

How could Ken Dryden ever became President of such living vaudeville of the grotesque...beats me.

The Leafs never shy away at earnings points in the most incongruous of manners and have no shame in doing so.....but this time even their no.1 fan's DonCherry at to distance himself from this all to obvious home-made bad tasting farce.

Leafs are .500% right now. If the goofy NHL didn't reward losing, they'd have a 3-3 record. That's about where I projected them. The fact the Toronto media is making them out to be more than they are is pretty typical. They have shown in the past they know NOTHING about hockey.

Lindros wouldn't even be the top scorer on our team, the way they talk about him you'd figure he's averaging 10 goals a game.

[Edited on 2005/10/19 by Leafs Suck]

Originally posted by CoRvInA

Plus it says that Pat Quinn is overcoming a maso- fetish for pucks in the face..   2 already!

So that's what happened to him?

There has never been a season that I have wanted to see the Leafs fail like this year.

Surprisingly they are not doing that bad. But I started thinking, is it really such a surprise. Lindros, when healthy is a very good hockey player, as is Allison & O'Neil. When I originally pegged them at around 70 points, that was assuming that Lindros & Allison would play around 30 games each. The loss of Sundin makes their 3 win 3 loss record a fair one. I still believe that Lindros & Allison will miss at least half of the season, but the Leafs may do allright until the concussions come, and they will.

Then I will be able to enjoy seeing the Leafs destroyed on a regular basis.

What I really don't understand is TSN ranking the Leafs #2 in the NHL in their Power Rankings behind Ottawa. That is ridiculous. They say this is based on formulas, but come on. That is unbelievable.

well to play devil's advocate for a second:

Toronto is:

#1 in team scoring

#4 in goal differential per game

#2 on PP

#2 on PIM differential

Now there are a bunch of stats that make them look worse

#17 on PK

#27 on SOG (which indicates that their GPG is abberant and should regress to mean)

#22 on SOG differential (which indicates a bad defensive posture)

#13 in team SVG (about the same as montreal)

overall, I think this would indicate that Toronto is on a 'hot streak'. Depending on how you wanted to construct your power rankings you could say that this indicated that toronto's apparent success was illusory, or you could say that Power Rankings measure hotness and thus Toronto is high on the list. I personally think the former interpretation is more illuminating.

Most of those good TO stats came from that 9-1 win against Atlanta. If you take out that game they'd fall way behind.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Most of those good TO stats came from that 9-1 win against Atlanta. If you take out that game they'd fall way behind.

Um, yeah. Oh, well... let Leafs fans get excited. It'll be that much more amusing when the Leafs fail.

Did anyone else watch Quinn crying again after the game last night? I love it...this guy blames the officiating after every game they lose...and the media just sucks it right up! The Toronto media really is that stupid..do they really believe every Leafs loss is the result of bad officiating, or even crazier, some sort of conspiracy?...Yes, they do!

Originally posted by hankhab

Did anyone else watch Quinn crying again after the game last night? I love it...this guy blames the officiating after every game they lose...and the media just sucks it right up! The Toronto media really is that stupid..do they really believe every Leafs loss is the result of bad officiating, or even crazier, some sort of conspiracy?...Yes, they do!

Just a little balance here... Julien, in what is supposed to have been a rare emotional outburst in front of the camera complained about the officiating last night too. He had some legitimate concerns but not overwhelmingly so.

I didn't see Quinn's comments so I can't make a judgement.

Just a little balance here... Julien, in what is supposed to have been a rare emotional outburst in front of the camera complained about the officiating last night too. He had some legitimate concerns but not overwhelmingly so.

I didn't see Quinn's comments so I can't make a judgement.

Yes sure Julien complained about the officiating of last night's game(with reason), but for Quinn and the Leafs they have already this season complained in the media about the shoot-outs in the Senators game, the legal hit on Lindros, the hard hit on Tucker(the exact type of hit he lays out on a regular basis), the disallowed goal last night, Bob Hartley being a bush-league coach(Iguess winning a Stanley Cup doesnt count for Tie Domi) and god knows what else they've cried about on TSN so far.

So Julien commenting on the Islanders- friendly reffing last night is certainly more justified than the Leafs constant bitching about every little thing that doesn't go their way

And its not just quinn, too. The broadcasters are HORRIBLE. Bob cole and harry neale arent that bad, but i just can't stand Joe bowen. HOOLLLYYY MACKINAW WHAT A GOAL!! i cant stand it..and his comments are soooo biased and annoying