Forget " The Streit Experiment"

kw11habs

:hlogo:

Let Markov have the reigns on the PP, this guys an all-star. Also, I'm tired of seeing guys like MacGratton run all over our guys. If Ivanans is out for awhile bring up J. Paul or J. Aitken to play on the 4'th line someone who will at least take some of these idiots to the sin-bin for 5 minutes and not have (Souray or Begin) have to do it, the other teams would love to send there goon off for five with anyone of our guys in the line up good trade off for them. I say if G. Laraque is available lets get him. (Sundstrom for Laraque) Let's protect our skilled players as we have lots to protect and who's going to miss Sundstrom sure he's a good two way player but we got 4 or 5 good two way players and all younger then Sundstrom. Give Streit a one way ticket back to Switzerland.

I'm amazed how people are qick to dump players when they're struggling. It's a good thing that the ones who are in charge are Bob Gainey and his crew. They'll quietly and closely assess the progress of the players and adjust accordingly.

It may very well be that Mark Streit will not work out. It may also be that he'll be just a replacement player but adequate in that role and it may well be that he will work out very well for the team.

As for me, I'll sit back and let Gainey do what HE'S paid to do.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Sundström for Laraque?!?!

Are you serious? That was the most horrible trade sugestion I ever saw.

I won't think of you as a complete mooron cause of your opinon on Markov. He truly has taken his play to the next level.

About Streit... Im pretty tired of the discusson. Mark Streit is a rookie even if he's a couple of years older. But he comes from a country where most people don't know hockey or aren't interested. He need more time to adapt than most european.

I don't understand why it is so hard for some north americans to understand that there's a huge difference from the european style.

Peter Forsberg was the greatest player in Sweden in 1993. He was not the best player in the NHL when he skated with the Nordiques for the first time. It takes time to adapt!

Laraque is a bum. He's painfully slow, has little offensive skill other than the ability to stand in front of the net and bang in loose pucks, and Edmonton fans have gotten on him in the past two years for not dropping the gloves enough. And he makes over $1 million a year! What a waste of money...

Originally posted by kw11habs

:hlogo:

Let Markov have the reigns on the PP, this guys an all-star. Also, I'm tired of seeing guys like MacGratton run all over our guys. If Ivanans is out for awhile bring up J. Paul or J. Aitken to play on the 4'th line someone who will at least take some of these idiots to the sin-bin for 5 minutes and not have (Souray or Begin) have to do it, the other teams would love to send there goon off for five with anyone of our guys in the line up good trade off for them. I say if G. Laraque is available lets get him. (Sundstrom for Laraque) Let's protect our skilled players as we have lots to protect and who's going to miss Sundstrom sure he's a good two way player but we got 4 or 5 good two way players and all younger then Sundstrom. Give Streit a one way ticket back to Switzerland.

You must be joking! Sundstrom for Laraque?! that's preposterous.

Fighting is down in the league by almost 50% and many NHL teams are benching or sending their goons down to their farm teams, and you think it would be a good idea to trade a reliable role-player like Sunny for a guy who has very limited skills outside of fighting? doesn't sound too wise to me, and I don't think Gainey would ever make the trade.

Originally posted by ch_nl Are you serious did you just compare M. Streit to P. Forsberg.

Anyhow when we have played Toronto & Ottawa each a half dozen times with there no place for goonies in the league pounding on our skilled players then we'll see. To say these guys don't have a place anymore is also mooronic, as I see things are going back to the 70's style with the skill players flying like the old Habs or the Flyers or Islanders and you're telling me these guys didn't have someone to protect there skilled players. All I know is that if Ivanans is the guy, we better go find one and they don't come much tougher then Laraque. I also agree that Sundstrom is a good two way player like I already said before but how many good two way plays do we need. We have lots and he's the least valuable. If it's not Laraque let's bail P. Worrell out of jail.

Sundström for Laraque?!?!

Are you serious? That was the most horrible trade sugestion I ever saw.

I won't think of you as a complete mooron cause of your opinon on Markov. He truly has taken his play to the next level.

About Streit... Im pretty tired of the discusson. Mark Streit is a rookie even if he's a couple of years older. But he comes from a country where most people don't know hockey or aren't interested. He need more time to adapt than most european.

I don't understand why it is so hard for some north americans to understand that there's a huge difference from the european style.

Peter Forsberg was the greatest player in Sweden in 1993. He was not the best player in the NHL when he skated with the Nordiques for the first time. It takes time to adapt!