Canadiens deep in the heart of Leafsland?

shortcat1

I find it fascinating that Montreal would have the gall to locate a farm team in Hamilton, about an hour away from Toronto. :devil: That's gotta be deep in the heart of Leafsland. :o

The grand majority of the people who follow NHL hockey in that are must surely be Leafs fans. That being the case, how do those people who support the Bulldogs sort it out? Do they compartementalize their loyalties? Do they become Canadiens fans more or less openly? Do they develop a schizophrenic personality? Do they divorce themselves from the fact that the Canadiens are the parent team (despite all of that habness screaming in their faces)? :eyes::guru::eyes:

How do they handle that? I would be something like having the Baby Leafs set up in Sherbrooke. (In that case, I wonder how well those games would be attended.) :?-:?-:?-

I don't think it's much of a problem. the worst situation was when the farmteam was in québec city. I mean, what a slap in the face that was !!

toronto having their farm team in TO, therefore close to hamilton just create's a bigger interest for fans. a bigger rivalry will build up in the next few years and that will show when these kids become NHLers

I don't think there's too many Leafs fans that are Bulldogs fans. Its pretty evident when Hamilton played St. Johns/Toronto Marlies last year and this year.

I think people who are just hockey fans in general and have no loyalties to NHL teams, but are just local hockey fans are about the only ones who may cheer for the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Hamilton Bulldogs, and when it comes to the Marlies and Bulldogs playing, they'll root for their home team. Does that make anysense? Probably not....sighhhh

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Hamilton is not as pro-Leaf as you think.

This is true. In addition to supporting the Bulldogs, they've also been begging for their own NHL team for years.

It seems they're understandably desperate for an alternative to the Leafs! :P

Originally posted by Mont Royale
Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Hamilton is not as pro-Leaf as you think.

This is true. In addition to supporting the Bulldogs, they've also been begging for their own NHL team for years.

It seems they're understandably desperate for an alternative to the Leafs! :P

This is true, Hamilton was denied its own NHL team on account of the Leafs. There's no love lost over that and I'm pretty sure a lot of those Habs fans in Buffalo were Bulldogs fans. It would be on a par with the Leafs setting up their farm team in Quebec city. Its strange but it could attract the angry vengeful Nordique fans.

Assuming the Habs are well loved in Quebec City is as bad as assuming the Leafs are well thought of in Hamilton.