Andrei Kostitsyn called up!

habscout

Originally posted by bookworm
Originally posted by Mont Royale

Julien's job is to do his best to win hockey games, not to give a rookie an opening night to remember.  We can question his tactics, but this particular decision not reflect upon how much class he has.

excellent point.

True. Had he given Kostitsyn an extra 3 minutes would it have helped his development? Hardly. Did it help Ryder and the rest of the team? You bet. I haven't given up on Julien yet. He's giving ice time to the players who are playing best not to the young players who may or may not make us lose.

Kostitsyn isn't being called up to make the team and to show us what he's got. He's simply a desperation last resort call up to fill our last forward spot. Don't expect ice time against LA either.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on a side note, i did watch hamilton play in winnipeg a couple nights ago and was very impressed with kostitsyns defensive end play. where the other forwards backed off too much and let manitoba pass it around kostitsyn worked really hard and pressured the puck carrier well. he also scored our only shootout goal on a nice move (danis unfortunately let in all three shots he faced in the shootout and hung his head disparagingly as the team came out to tap his pads after the loss).

anyway, i didn't expect to see kostitsyn play as well defensively as he did and if that's the norm it bodes well for his nhl future.

it came to me just now Could Kostitsyn have had some Pre Epileptic syntoms of some sort that perhaps made Julien cautious of putting him in any longer? doubt it ...but you know having had an pseudo epileptic brother he would know when he was too agitated and could fall into one...

perhaps that benching was to monitor his state?

anyhow I hope he plays tonight

Originally posted by CoRvInA

it came to me just now Could Kostitsyn have had some Pre Epileptic syntoms of some sort that perhaps made Julien cautious of putting him in any longer? doubt it ...but you know having had an pseudo epileptic brother he would know when he was too agitated and could fall into one...

perhaps that benching was to monitor his state?

anyhow I hope he plays tonight

it's the end of the second period and, so far, he's only had one shift - like last night. :eyes: