Sykora Headed To The Big Apple

gohabsgo252006

According to Sportsnet

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp...108_151527_2516

Sykora is going to the Rangers along with a fourth round pick in Exchange for Maxim Kondratiev.

Wasn't hoping for Sykora so it's no big deal but this may get the trade ball rolling as well this could help the rangers even more this year.

Burke is clearing tons of cap space, I wonder who he is going to take a run at.

Hooray, I guessed right.

Not too hard to guess either, struggling Europeans are turning their careers around in the Big Apple. Perfect situation for Sykora, playing with fellow Czechs Jagr, Straka, Rucinsky and Prucha.

Burke I think has decided that this is not Anahiem's year. Just look at how deep the Western Conference is. The Nucks of all teams are currently eighth.

When will this deal be finalized?

Wow the Rangers already have a full Czech power play. I guess one more can't hurt.

The Rangers are the biggest sign of success of the salary cap system in my opinion.

Rumour was that Rucchin would be returning to the Ducks in that deal. I didn't think the Rangers had enough cap space for him thugh. And why does Burke throw in the 4th? They get an okay prospect that's it so if the Rangers can afford Sykora then there's no reason to throw in a 4th. It's still a decent deal for both teams. I don't think Sykora will be much, even with the NYR.

I will disagree Bulis.

I think Sykora will only get better on Broadway. Countrymen enjoy playing with each other and it seems that the Czech boys love NY. This only makes this team more deadly and more of a threat to Philly in the Atlantic division.

Wow Jagr, Straka is having a great season, Rucinsky also surprisingly good, now Skora for a Czech quartet. Plus these guys will come back from the Olympics as a tight group, that's an all-round smart trade for the Rags.

--and I forgot Prucha -- entirely possible this year that five of the Rags' top six scorers will be Czech.

Edited by JeanLucPilon

I was hoping for him to come to mtl :( he would have brought size and scoring talant on the first line, making a lot of room for Koivu with Sykora at 6'0 and Kovalev 6'1 would have cleared a lot of space :).

Look's like were gonna have to wait and see who gainey brings in the picture...(Like usual)

Are JMMR's congrats towards Bob for having stayed away from Sykora ?

How do we know that Bob hasn't try to get him ?

All we know is that Burke has gotten a young defencemen in return for Syk.,..

and all we know is that AHL's defencemen Cote was brought up with the big Club lately for

no apparent reasons,.....leaving some room for speculating that either himself or Streit

could have been involve in a Bob versus Burke's trade.

I don’t thick Bob was trying to bring him here. The rangers traded a mediocre defenseman prospect for him if Bob wanted him he could have but truthfully, Bob wanted no part in Sykora.

And you are correct I have no idea what Bob was trying to do or not trying to do.

Edited by JMMR