Habs Second Quarter Report Cards

habscout

articles like that amaze me.

the facts included (giveaways, takeaways, etc.) is so out of the ordinary for the average fan that it's boggling. where does one get info like that.

also, the comment are awesome. again, how does someone manage to come up with these kinds of evaluations.

some may say it's potentially a whole lot of bs or the rush of a passing wind but i'm not so sure.

it's a well researched article with a confident assessment of the situation.

bravo!

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I found the stats on http://nhlgamenotes.nhl.com

I think they're interesting, but some of them can be subjective like takeaways and giveaways. I believe the NHL provides officials that track them at each arena.

As for the comments, well they're all mine; take them for what they're worth ;-) . I expect people to comment, whether they agree or disagree. Thanks to the Centre Ice package & RDS/TSN I've watch nearly every game the Habs play, so I think I'm well poised to make these evaluations.

The Gazette has the number of giveaways, takeaways, blocked shots, hits, icetime and faceoff percentage after each game.

What I find interesting is that Mike Ribeiro has the best takeaway-to-giveaway ratio on the team at +25. :mellow:

Monty needs to apply himself better. He seems to start tasks well, but loses focus and develops poor work habits, often leading to less than satisfactory results. In addition, he often gets frustrated when things don't go according to plan, and gives up instead of trying to correct things. He's on the brink of not advancing, but there is still time for him to re-apply himself and do much better in the second half of the year.

Gee, that stuff rings very familiar.