Next Team Canada... Who'll Be On It?

shortcat1

Some of the guys on the team this year had a hard time.

Was it age? Was it lack of motivation? Were they simply outplayed?

Any ideas as to who should be on the next team based upon some perceived weaknesses?

Edited by shortcat1

ch_nl already started a thread about this, but I do agree, shame on Sweden for throwing in the towel against Slovakia.

Sorry about that, d_f, I changed the topic after I saw that this topic was already covered. I guess I didn't make the connection between the title (and subtitle) and the topic... didn't look closely enough, I suppose.

In any event, this topic is worthy of consideration too.

I do feel that some young, hungry wolves would be good to have on the team. They would bring a blend of their talent and desire.

No worries Short. As for who will be on the next Team Canada, it's tough to say as a lot can change in four years, but I'm sure we can count on the likes of Crosby, Spezza, Staal and Phaneuf. Who knows, we might even see young Angelo Esposito on the team. But like I said, it's tough to say right now.

No worries Short. As for who will be on the next Team Canada, it's tough to say as a lot can change in four years, but I'm sure we can count on the likes of Crosby, Spezza, Staal and Phaneuf. Who knows, we might even see young Angelo Esposito on the team. But like I said, it's tough to say right now.

I wonder if we'll see Dany Heatley. He seemed to stall in this one. Then again, it may be simply that he 'suffered' the same symptoms that the rest of the team did.

It makes me rethink my opinion on the Heatley/Hossa trade. I used to think that Ottawa won hands down on this one but now, I don't know. :(

I wonder if we'll see Dany Heatley. He seemed to stall in this one. Then again, it may be simply that he 'suffered' the same symptoms that the rest of the team did.

It makes me rethink my opinion on the Heatley/Hossa trade. I used to think that Ottawa won hands down on this one but now, I don't know. :(

Ever since I heard about it, I figured the trade seemed pretty even. Atlanta gave up a promising young star who probably wouldn't have played to his potential due to some emotional baggage. In return they got an extremely talented veteran winger in Hossa AND a pretty darn good defenceman. While Heatley had an awesome start to the season, he has slowed down considerably. His performance in the playoffs will be the deciding factor however; if he can step it up and help the Sens win a series (or two...), then I'd say the Sens got what they were looking for.