Offensively challenged Habs tie Jackets 1-1 (game recap)

Habs77

Good recap , people are reading it ... so dont worry , your just not getting much feedback , ... Maybe next time link to the thread in the article?

Zednik has been a big disappointment all year , I figured that with Saku's return he would pick up his game , but he hasnt.... Audette also hasnt been special. saku needs some new linemates ASAP , Ryder + Bulis or something...

Bulis - Koivu - Ryder?

Oh .... last nights lines were...

Zednik - Koivu - Audette

Perreault - Ribiero - Ryder

Bulis - Juneau - Sundstrom

Kilger - Begin - Langdon

Souray - Brisebois

Markov - Hainsey

Bouillon - Rivet

Garon

Theodore

Originally posted by puck7x

Zednik has been a big disappointment all year , I figured that with Saku's return he would pick up his game , but he hasnt.... Audette also hasnt been special. saku needs some new linemates ASAP , Ryder + Bulis or something...

Bulis - Koivu - Ryder?

Oh .... last nights lines were...

Zednik - Koivu - Audette

Perreault - Ribiero - Ryder

Bulis - Juneau - Sundstrom

Kilger - Begin - Langdon

Souray - Brisebois

Markov - Hainsey  

Bouillon - Rivet

Garon

Theodore

Look at the bright side: Zednik is going through a slump now and not in the middle or at the end of the season.:/)

Didn't see the game but reading comments on the (dreaded) ESPN board I take it was a boring game. More to the point, people were (and hav been) bashing Julien and his system saying it's boring anti-hockey. Being an old-timer, I remember (like it was yesterday) when the Habs won the Cup in '86. They won the Cup playing "boring, anti-hockey" with a version of the "trap" that Perron employed and Lemaire before him (as did Bowman before Lemaire).

Me, myself, I don't mind the style of hockey that the Devils play. It might not be the end-to-end 11-9 games of the Oilers era but it has its merits.

And Joe Thornton complaining about the clutching and grabbing that goes on is hilarious - the pot calling the kettle black. Thornton is one of the dirtiest players in the NHL IMO. But if the NHL wants to improve the game they might think about increasing the size of the ice surface and getting rid of the red line.