2 players away from being contenders in the east

SaLaHmAnDeR

Hey listen guys. I feel we are just 2 players away from becoming a contender for the cup. With all of our young players if they mold out to be what they are suppost to be i think our team could be quite strong, The two players i am refering to is Jason Arnott, and Vinny Lecavalier. Thats it. They would add size grit and heart to the team. And both are Canadian, and we all no Canadian players are way better then eurpoeens. And lets face it our team is full or Europeens. well them and french canadian.

so my lineup would be

Kastsitsyn Koviu Arnott

Ryder Lecaviler Perezhogin

Higgins Kilger Ward

Bagin Gratton Langdon

Komoserik Souray

Markov

Hansey

Theodor

Fichaud

Now i no i am no gm but i think with all of our extra players we can acuire these two guys. I mean you got Bulis, Zednik, Hossa, Perrault, Rivet, Bresboise, Juneau Dackell, Garon, Sudstrom, Audette, Ribeiro, Traverse, Dykhous.

I left 2 d spots empty as i would like to see Ganey sign 2 vetern dman.

I guess my final point is that this team is full of junk. And if Ganey can some how find a way to get ride of the junk and just aquire 2 big power fowards i feel we could contend for the cup. If u look at each line i made you will see it is mixed up speed size skill and heart. Thats the key to success. So i guess i was just wondering am i crazy for thinking this or do you guys think i am correct taht with just 2 big players and (all are trash gone) is our team stonge enough to contend???????

Consistency is key if you ask me, too many players have one or two good games and then disappear for a few games.

Some of it has to do with youth too but for example is Ryder the player that scores and assists on all our goals or the one that disappears?

If the youth pan out we have lots of potential, maybe 2 players away or more but the youth must come through because I don't see our payroll getting any higher, with or without a change in the labour situation.

Kastsitsyn Koivu Arnott

Ryder Lecaviler Perezhogin

Higgins Kilger Ward

Bagin Gratton Langdon

- Arnott plays centre, not wing. I'd rather him play 3rd line centre and get 20 minutes a night in place of Juneau than screw up on wing. He failed with Modano as his centre, and Modano is (IMO) better than Koivu.

-I'm not sure when you're aiming to have this lineup, but Kas will take another year and a half to crack the team. Remember, he hasn't played N.A. style yet

-Ryder isn't going to be much better than a 3rd line forward. I think him on a line with Arnott would substitute well for Brendan Morrow

-Lecavalier won't leave TB until he's an UFA, and even then I doubt he'd want to come here

- I think Langdon will be replaced by Jimmy Bonneau, our resident enforcer-in-training. Begin will also leave eventually. Maybe drop Kilger down to 4th line LW

IMO, the lines in 1.5 years will look like this:

Bulis-Koivu-Perezhogin

Higgins-Ribeiro-Balej

Ryder-Hossa-Ward

Kilger-Gratton-Milroy

There we have a defensively conscious 1st line that is fast and all potential scoring threats; a smooth 2nd line that has a small amount of grit mixed with some good passing; A physical, defensively adept 3rd line (with Hossa back at his natural position); And a solid 4th line that doesn't make mistakes.

Then on defense:

Markov-Komisarek

Hainsey-Souray

Archer-Korneev

Every pairing has a physical D and a scoring threat

In goal, we'd still have one of Garon or Theodore, and one of Michaud or Damphousse.

That's without trades