Brisebois to miss 2 games...

puck7x

http://www.habsworld.net/show_news.php?id=207

begin could play tomorrow. Man I hope he plays , and I hope Juneau and Audette are once again scratched , if we must play Juneau then I hope we scratch Langdon or Kilger to make room , and use him on the 4th line. Looking forward to seeing Komisarek get some more icetime , too bad its at the expense of Brisebois instead of Rivet or someone.

I'm hoping this isn't a regression in his hypnosis. He was really beginning to play the habs's system as an effective $3 million defensemen (not $4 million). Obviously BG had invested some money into hypnosis. And who can complain? It worked.

Anyway, hopefully these next 2 days won't garner a trip to the Bahamas for a cruise to rest his groin...

[Edited on 2003/12/12 by TheAussiePosse]

As much as I like what Bégin has been doing... Juneau has to play in this one.

Coaching a team has a lot to do with managing the egos as much as the on-ice performance... keeping a healthy vet out in favor of an injured 4th liner is not a good move IMO.

Unless you plan to cut Juneau loose in the next week.

Julien is already having problems finding ice-time for everyone, when someone is injured you take advantage and get a new guy in there.

Same goes for Breezer, Komi gets to play and so it buys more time for Gainey to unload someone.

The way the injuries have regularly popped up it's really saved Julien from a complete players overload like Therrien suffered last year... (Koivu, Kilger, Ward, Audette, Juneau, Quintal, Markov, Breezer, Bégin have all missed games with injury).

But the second everyone is healthy at the same time, which could be soon... then something has to give. Either Gainey finally moves a player, or the team will have to decide between playing the best players or the established well-paid vets.

As i hoped he would, Julien told Bégin to rest and heal up even if he wanted to play tonight.

A healthy Juneau who has waited on the sidelines despite being healthy without complaining gets a change to return to the 3rd line.

Audette will be inserted on the 4th line, giving Perreault someone to play with... Kilger will complete the line.

So Langdon & Bégin are out... good call, one is hurt and the other had a bad game vs. the Rangers.

Now Ward will soon return, as will Bégin... and then Julien & Gainey will have to make some tough decisions.

Will Dagenais stick with the team? Will he remain on the 2nd line if he does stay?

Maybe there will be another convenient injury... problem solved ;)

Originally posted by Habs77

As i hoped he would, Julien told Bégin to rest and heal up even if he wanted to play tonight.

A healthy Juneau who has waited on the sidelines despite being healthy without complaining gets a change to return to the 3rd line.

Audette will be inserted on the 4th line, giving Perreault someone to play with... Kilger will complete the line.

So Langdon & Bégin are out... good call, one is hurt and the other had a bad game vs. the Rangers.

Now Ward will soon return, as will Bégin... and then Julien & Gainey will have to make some tough decisions.

Will Dagenais stick with the team? Will he remain on the 2nd line if he does stay?

Maybe there will be another convenient injury... problem solved  ;)

I'm not so sure I like our lineup tonight , replacing Begin (though injured) and Langdon with Juneau and Audette? 2 decent sized (Begin kind of small) physical players with 2 smallish non-physical ones? Against a very big team like the panthers? ack...

The Panthers are more 'European' than big.

Their defense (apart from Van Ryn and Bouwmeester) are slower than Quintal and Traverse.

As long as we can break up their passing in the neutral zone, and cycle well behind their net (ala Dackell), we should hopefully do well today.

:ghg: