Huselius available, for a price

Spider-Man NL

TSN.ca Staff

12/18/2003

Florida Panthers coach and general manager Rick Dudley says he's received quite a few calls about forward Kristian Huselius, but he's not about to give him away.

Huselius, who has been a healthy scratch in three of the last six games, has just three goals this season including one in his last 26 games and no points in his last 11.

"Like I've always said, Wayne Gretzky was traded, so anybody can be, so I guess it could happen," Dudley tells the Sun-Sentinel. "But we're not going to give Kristian Huselius away, that's for sure."

"Lots of people have called. They see our lineup. They see that Kristian hasn't dressed for every game, so certainly they're going to call."

Among those said to be burning up the phone lines of late are Anaheim GM Bryan Murray, who was responsible for drafting Huselius back in 1997. Murray, who is reportedly looking for a "tough, gritty goal scorer", has also inquired about Viktor Kozlov and captain Olli Jokinen, but Dudley is not interested in trading either at this point.

Huselius admits he is feeling the pressure while struggling through an 11 game pointless streak.

"I want to play for the Florida Panthers," Huselius said. "I want to be a big part of this young group and keep climbing the ladder up because I want to make the playoffs with this team and be part of the franchise going in the right direction."

Teams have until Friday to make trades before an embargo kicks in for the holiday season until December 27.

Huselius for Hossa?

Well, Huselius is one of my absolute favourites. A stronger version of Michael Nylander.

I think Huselius can bloom into a NHL-star. Maybe not Sakic or Forsberg caliber but he's a potential 70 points player.

If the price is right, we should be intrested and since he's out in the cold maybe we could get him for another youth plus a dump?

Something like this

Hossa for Huselius

or

Kilger and Dwyer for Huselius?