Questions And Wondering

PB

According to relevant information Markov will be a UFA at the end of next season.

At the end of next season Markov would have completed 5 years in the NHL and will be 28 years of age.

What makes Markov an UFA under those circumstances ? I dont get it.

Many important players within the Club will be reaching UFA status next season.

Markov, Souray and Rivet on one hand and Johnson and Bonk on the other.

Cap oblige,.....some UFAs will have to go and the saved money will pay for the the rises the kept

UFAs will get,......along with the rises some RFAs are bound to be getting as well.

Predictions are suggesting that the league's cap will remain the same as this year,.....suggesting that the CH

will have to dig deep in his prospects reserve to fill his 07-08 roster and that dept forwards players like Bonk

and Johnson are thus most certainly both gone.

Markov is not going anywhere and will command a generous salary increase while Souray might take this opportunity to go and work somewhere close by his daughter. Rivet might not demmand a salary increase

but I doubt him to be playing for less than he is getting now.

Overall, in term of talents+ veterans, this up-coming season is clearly an apoge over our preceding ones but I wonder how things will shape-up after once this year's edition get squized-out of some of it's elements ?

According to relevant information Markov will be a UFA at the end of next season.

At the end of next season Markov would have completed 5 years in the NHL and will be 28 years of age.

What makes Markov an UFA under those circumstances ? I dont get it.

I think that as of next season, players that are 27 or 28 can become UFAs

I think that as of next season, players that are 27 or 28 can become UFAs

Thanks.

In a year or two, 7 LNH years will be needed in order to be first time UFA,...that's 3 year

earlier than the established 10 years required in the old CBA.

Age is also one way that can determine a players access to UFA status,....your saying that

28 is the requirement for next year......might even get down to 27 next year.....I say I

hate this part of the new CBA.

What's the point of good drafting ? player's developpement ? Once the Kids reached the main Club at

22 or 23 of ages they are but a few years away from reaching UFA status and

even shorter of one year if the decisive moment in trading to avoid comlete lost is

taking into account.......players will end-up leaving their Club before they even reach maturity as players.

Thanks.

In a year or two, 7 LNH years will be needed in order to be first time UFA,...that's 3 year

earlier than the established 10 years required in the old CBA.

Age is also one way that can determine a players access to UFA status,....your saying that

28 is the requirement for next year......might even get down to 27 next year.....I say I

hate this part of the new CBA.

What's the point of good drafting ? player's developpement ? Once the Kids reached the main Club at

22 or 23 of ages they are but a few years away from reaching UFA status and

even shorter of one year if the decisive moment in trading to avoid comlete lost is

taking into account.......players will end-up leaving their Club before they even reach maturity as players.

very good point,

so how long till the next dragged out strike?

This money side really SUCKS,

why can't some (NOT ALL) of theise players realize that fans make a HUGE part of their mystik??

theres no way it will happen.

although we could lose a nice player, it also means that great young players will come to montreal .

theres no way it will happen.

although we could lose a nice player, it also means that great young players will come to montreal .

If, according to some, Montreal continues to be unattractive to players (taxes, media, language, etc...) how would this change things for those 'great young players'? :?- :?- :?-

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Edited by shortcat1

I would anticipate Bob signing Markov to a new long term deal after the first 30 to 45 games of the year based on his overall production.

As for Richards??? I guess we'll need to wait and see what he does.

Bonk = gone via trade at the deadline to a team like the wild or possibly even the pens for a draft pick or a 4th line grinder

Rivet is staying as long as Saku is still in the picture.

Souray??? I love the guy and all and would definitely miss that shot ( when A - he uses it and B - he hits the net ) But I figure he possibly go at the deadline as well but we'll get more compensation for him and if he doesn't go he'll sign as a ufa with any team in the california area, which is very respectable as he truly wants to be a part of his daughters life, unlike some dead beat dad pro athletes.

I think that covers everyone of key importance regarding the previous posts.