The Score : Jagr maybe traded to NYR?

puck7x

According to the score television...

Not sure for who...

Wow...

How does this affect the habs? Not much... We just need to keep playing the way we are playing , its not like Jagr is going to help the Rags much anyways , they destroy everyones career , and Jagr's is already going downhill for years.

[Edited on 2004-1-22 by puck7x]

Sather has a blank check, if he gets desperate enough he can bring Jagr over for basically no assets since the Caps will just be thrilled someone is picking up the salary.

Either the Caps will eat some of it, of accept an overpaid player in return.

They did it 2 years ago with Bure, last year with Carter & Kovalev, this year Jagr... it never works.

Capitals picking up about 22 million of Jagr's salary... lol

I say the caps lose , but then again... they had no choice , wanted to free up some room... this might save the franchise from bankruptcy. lol

With the Caps picking up half the price tag... Jagr isn't that amazingly expensive anymore.

Other teams could have afforded that deal, if they wanted the player that is.

There were a few more minor deals today, teams looking to make the playoffs (NYR) or to make a serious playoff run (PHI, COL, OTT) are moving... TO will soon as well.

This kind of activity around the league is something that can affect the confidence of a team like the Habs that haven't moved yet.

I hope a move, however minor, is done soon if only to keep the team spirits up... show the GM is still looking to improve the team.

I think that this only proves one thing.

Glen Sather is afraid of losing his job. He put all of his trust to Jaromir Jagr. A player that has probably seen his best days.

Rangers are now a team with (almost) only overpaid bums.

Glen Sather has drowned this team. I hate them, I am sure many others does as well.

Why?

The salary issue is Rangers fault (part of). And they have taken many players and destroyed their careers.