Anyone catch the AHL All-Star Game?

Toren

I have to admit, that was much more entertaining than it's big league counterpart. 9-5 win for the Canadian All-Stars over the PlanetUSA All-Stars. Gratton had a goal and two assists, one of them was an amazing passing play.

The guy who stood out the most was Josef Balej. The announcers just could not stop talking about this guy. He's an amazing talent. They had an interview with him, and he said that he was trying to have fun out there and put on some moves for the fans to enjoy.

He flipped a puck from almost the goal line over the goalie to a teammate on the other side of the crease, who just missed the shot. He also flipped the puck up on the breakaway and nearly batted it in on the other side of the goalie. (I know you're probably having a hard time picturing these plays, but they're so unique that I've got a hard time explaining them). He also made an amazing move on another breakaway to fake out goaltender Emery, but was stoned by a very lucky goalie skate. On the same shift, he faked a shot, faked a deke, and faked a backhand all within about a second, then made a pass to a teammate streaking in on the play, who seemed to also be in awe and couldn't finish it. Unfortunately, Balej came out with no points, but it wasn't for lack of effort.

All in all, an entertaining game, and a Balej set up an offensive skills camp for everyone. Can't wait to see him in a Habs jersey in the future.

:clap:

[Edited on 2004/2/10 by Toren]