The next call up?

markierung

Who do you think is going to get called up from Hamilton during the Higgins Injury. Murray is having a pretty rotten year as Downy pretty much took his spot on the fourth line. My guess is that Lapierre is gonna get called up to play on the Fourth.

ya, only when Higgins comes back, i'd like to see him centering Kovalex and Sammy as Latendresse looks pretty good with Koivu

Here is the thing...if you put almost anyone on a line with Saku, he will make them look good. He is a great linemate and an excellent communicator! The question should not be 'should we put higgs on the second line cuz :ats is doing well with Koivu?', rather, it should be 'which player, lats or higgs, will be better with Koivu?'. The answer is obvious...as well as lats is doing, Higgins has far more talent and potential to score goals. We need this guy to fulfill his potential so the first line is where he should be. Lats will score less on the second line, but at least will take some physical pressure off Kovy and Sammy so they can start tearing it up (either that or trade for a good center). JMO.

Here is the thing...if you put almost anyone on a line with Saku, he will make them look good. He is a great linemate and an excellent communicator! The question should not be 'should we put higgs on the second line cuz :ats is doing well with Koivu?', rather, it should be 'which player, lats or higgs, will be better with Koivu?'. The answer is obvious...as well as lats is doing, Higgins has far more talent and potential to score goals. We need this guy to fulfill his potential so the first line is where he should be. Lats will score less on the second line, but at least will take some physical pressure off Kovy and Sammy so they can start tearing it up (either that or trade for a good center). JMO.

well if we go with that theory, I would say put higgins back with koivu and keep lats on the top line as well.

If Koivu is an excellent linemate, why isn't Ryder producing as he should?

When Higgins returns, I'd put him back on the top line and move Ryder to the second line.

Higgins, Koivu, Lats.

Sammy, Kovalev, Ryder

Perez, Bonk, Johnson

begin, pleks, murray/downey

well if we go with that theory, I would say put higgins back with koivu and keep lats on the top line as well.

If Koivu is an excellent linemate, why isn't Ryder producing as he should?

When Higgins returns, I'd put him back on the top line and move Ryder to the second line.

Higgins, Koivu, Lats.

Sammy, Kovalev, Ryder

Perez, Bonk, Johnson

begin, pleks, murray/downey

hmmm logic tells me that putting a non producing ryder with two non producing and on a slump linemates spells DISASTER!

unless Murphy's listening on us it would be CRAZY to do so...

hmmm logic tells me that putting a non producing ryder with two non producing and on a slump linemates spells DISASTER!

A valid point, but sometimes things work when you least suspect them to. Given the choice of putting Lats or Ryder on the 2nd line, I'd go with Ryder.