MONTREAL @ TORONTO (Gamethread)

puck7x

I hope this comeback (partial comeback) helps turn around our fortunes... Losing the game 5-4 after being down 4-0 is nothing to be ashamed of (going down 4-0 in the first place is something to be ashamed of though) ...

You know... If that quick-whistle waved off goal would of counted the game would be tied... anyways ... We've gotten our share of breaks over the season , so whatever ... I know it goes both ways.

Refs did a terrible job tonight , Tucker got away with interference 3 times , and each time the call should of been obvious....

Originally posted by puck7x

I hope this comeback (partial comeback) helps turn around our fortunes... Losing the game 5-4 after being down 4-0 is nothing to be ashamed of (going down 4-0 in the first place is something to be ashamed of though) ...

They really picked up the pace in the last 35 minutes. Great effort and exciting hockey.

Refs did a terrible job tonight , Tucker got away with interference 3 times , and each time the call should of been obvious....

Quinn's got the refs well-trained for games at the ACC. Brisebois a *slash* on Nolan? Tell Nolan to wear a jock for crissakes.

Apparently the Montreal players didn't pay attention to the Toronto media saying what a big game it was. That first period was brutal. Can't blame Garon at all.

Claude wanted to give Theodore a rest. Back to back games Monday and Tuesday. I would start Garon Monday in New York but anyways...

When the Habs finally did show up, a couple of bad breaks got in their way. Is it me or do they only have bad luck vs Toronto? Seems like it. First the quick whistle. I didn't even hear it. When HNIT showed the replay, promising sound, there was none.

I thought the penalty on Brisbois that led to the 4th Toronto goal was a pretty cheap call (unless the TV cameras missed it and what they showed wasn't it). Amazing what the refs catch and what they miss, isn't it?

Know why I hate Sundin so much? You don't notice him for the whole damn game, never hear his name. And then at the worst possible time he comes out of nowhere and scores a tap in or gets a fluke in the last few minutes that ends up being the game winner. At one point during the third period, I wasn't sure if he was even playing.

Why do the Leaf fans at the Bell Centre sound louder than the entire 19,000 plus at the Air Canada Centre?

Props to Craig Rivet for one of the best fights I've seen in a NHL game in a while.

Props to the Habs for attempting to comeback. Unforturnately, you can't get away with showing up for only 25 minutes.

In closing, I am sick of losing to Toronto. Maybe we aren't big rivals but I still hate them. I would love to see them play a home and home but that won't happen as long as Hockey Night in Toronto gets their way. Why not let TSN show a Friday game in Montreal and then let CBC show their precious Saturday game? Look what back to back games have done for other rivalries this season.

Anyone else laugh when Ron MacLean said it was more like hockey day in Ontario because both Ottawa and Toronto won? Yo Ron, it's hockey day in Ontario EVERY Saturday.

[Edited on 2004-12-30 by puck7x]

Originally posted by =CH=

Apparently the Montreal players didn't pay attention to the Toronto media saying what a big game it was. .

You serious? Thats exactly what I was doing leading up to the game , completely ignoring the media. Its funny that the habs would do the same as me.

I just hate letting the media psych me and the habs out before the games... Playing the leafs is just like any other game , its the media that blows it out of proportion.

rivet_75654.jpg

<i>Montreal scored at least one minor victory on the night. Craig Rivet absolutely pummelled Bryan Marchment in a centre-ice bout five minutes into the second period that left the Leafs defenceman with a face full of blood.

``I got an elbow in the nose and I think he busted it,'' Rivet said. ``That's something I needed to address.

``I thought maybe it could give a little spark to our team and I think we played more spirited hockey after that.''

</i>

Wow i knew it was bloody fight but i didn't think it was that bad.

I definetely agree though Puck, this game means everything to Toronto habs fans, but it really shouldn't be bigger than any other game from Montreal habs fans.

When the Habs play the Leafs, i usually have some Leaf fans over and the next monday is always pretty bad if the Habs lose. There is a lot of pressure for the Toronto habs fan, in Montreal you don't have to hear all the ribbing and media.

I am proud of the way our team played tonight, we came out flat, but we didn't give up. We should have been tied as far as I'm concerned, that whistle was crap. I can hold my head high on Monday though when all the Leaf fans brag because it was a hard fought game that really could have gone either way in the end.