Idiot "Hockey" writer of the year

RobRock

another contribution to the 'hockey writer' interesting comments hall of fame...

in a tsn.ca video article on the 'most memorable moments they witnessed in 2006', a fellow called Michael Farber said that Montreal is 'very snobbish about its hockey'. He says it in the context of saying that the Oilers are the 'people's team' because 'it's literally owned by the people - 37 or 38 owners).

I don't know about the Edmonton situation but, as far as the 'snobbish' Montreal thing, I'd also extend that to a huge number of general Canadiens fans. We have an attitude that sees all other teams as being inferior or usurpers. We are the team of legend, we are the shining glory of the league. We are the true royals of the sport (like the Yankees of baseball & Real Madrid in soccer). We are... yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda...

And it's true... we are like that, as a rule... for a reason... we ARE the team of legend..., we ARE the shining glory of the league..., we ARE the true royals of the sport... and that's.......... the.......... way........... it........... is............ period.

SO THERE!

GO :hlogo: GO

And it's true... we are like that, as a rule... for a reason... we ARE the team of legend..., we ARE the shining glory of the league..., we ARE the true royals of the sport... and that's.......... the.......... way........... it........... is............ period.

SO THERE!

:clap:

when jealousy is spelled T-O-R-O-N-T-O

another contribution to the 'hockey writer' interesting comments hall of fame...

in a tsn.ca video article on the 'most memorable moments they witnessed in 2006', a fellow called Michael Farber said that Montreal is 'very snobbish about its hockey'. He says it in the context of saying that the Oilers are the 'people's team' because 'it's literally owned by the people - 37 or 38 owners).

I don't know about the Edmonton situation but, as far as the 'snobbish' Montreal thing, I'd also extend that to a huge number of general Canadiens fans. We have an attitude that sees all other teams as being inferior or usurpers. We are the team of legend, we are the shining glory of the league. We are the true royals of the sport (like the Yankees of baseball & Real Madrid in soccer). We are... yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda...

SO THERE!

GO :hlogo: GO

Michael Farber is a montrealer, and very proud of it. He wrote fabulously for the Gazette for many years, before moving to Sports Illustrated.

Michael Farber is a montrealer, and very proud of it. He wrote fabulously for the Gazette for many years, before moving to Sports Illustrated.

so, i take it that he speaks from experience...

by the way, i still state that there's an awful lot of truth in what he said on that tsn.ca video

GO :hlogo: GO!