Idiot "Hockey" writer of the year

RobRock

Just saw this story from everyone's favourite hack, the Ottawa Sun's Bruce Garrioch over at Spector's website.

The Montreal Canadiens are seeking help at centre and may be eyeing Sergei Fedorov of the Columbus Blue Jackets "to help the club try to stay in the playoff race." The Canadiens have lacked second-line production since Chris Higgins went down to injury back in early November. The Jackets aren't actively shopping Fedorov but GM Doug MacLean is willing to listen to offers. The Habs, with a payroll presently at $41 million, would have to clear space for Fedorov's $6 million-plus salary and are believed shopping defenceman Janne Niinimaa and Radek Bonk because they're unhappy with the performance of both players.

The posibility/probability of getting Fedorov is one of those rumours that make you scratch your head and ponder the possibilities. But then Garrioch goes into his typical style of simply making up stuff because it suits his story. It's error after error from the second sentence on. And as the final nail in the coffin, he includes his favourite whipping boy, Radek Bonk. At least he got Niinimaa's assessment correct, but everything else is just plain false. He apparently doesn't even do research if he thinks that Habs need "to stay in the playoff race."

yup he sounds like a crap writer to me, too lazy to do research and expecting none of his readers will know or really care what is actually happening way out in exotic Montréal. Of course since leaf fans generally have their heads up their arses, on that count he could well be correct.

Another mistake is that he sees we've lacked second line production since Higgins went down to injury - but Higgins played on our first line, and the guy who replaced him came from a lower line.

"to help the club try to stay in the playoff race."

Hahaha...

"Fedorov's $6 million-plus salary"

Hahaha...

"believed shopping defenceman Janne Niinimaa and Radek Bonk because they're unhappy with the performance of both players."

HAHAHAHA...

Hilarious.

Yeah Bonk sucks the Habs need to get rid of him to improve their penalty kill, and the Habs MUST get Fedorov to ensure they can not sign Sheldon Souray and Andrei Markov next season because these two defenseman bring nothing to the table.

Yeah Bonk sucks the Habs need to get rid of him to improve their penalty kill, and the Habs MUST get Fedorov to ensure they can not sign Sheldon Souray and Andrei Markov next season because these two defenseman bring nothing to the table.

Yep. The #2 ranked PK unit really sucks thanks to Bonk and those 2 defenceman bring nothing to the #1 ranked PP unit.

Spector normally has a good laugh at the expense of Garrioch. Nothing new there. I'd say he's a little worse than Larry Brooks at the NY Post. At least Brooks has a clue once in a while. Someone should take the whiskey away from Garrioch.

what? he's wrong???

woah............ i was beginning to doubt my eyes when i read the standings, stats, etc...

thanks for setting me straight guys...

i'll never believe something is true just because someone wrote it and said it is...

uh... you are telling the truth...? aren't you?

GO :hlogo: GO!

Good rumour. Totally reliable from one of the most inside persons in the media. A night after Bonk completely blew it covering Crosby, it's no surprise that there was a leak that Montreal was highly disappointed in Bonk. Niinimaa has also been a huge disappointment. When he filled in for the injured players, he made mistake after mistake and cost the Habs games. Garrioch is right on the money as usual. Again, there isn't a reporter in hockey who has more inside info that him.

Good rumour. Totally reliable from one of the most inside persons in the media. A night after Bonk completely blew it covering Crosby, it's no surprise that there was a leak that Montreal was highly disappointed in Bonk. Niinimaa has also been a huge disappointment. When he filled in for the injured players, he made mistake after mistake and cost the Habs games. Garrioch is right on the money as usual. Again, there isn't a reporter in hockey who has more inside info that him.

oh dear... i'm beginning to doubt again...

sigh....................................

I know the article is crap but If fedorov was paid 3MIL, he would become the best second line center we could get.

think about it, the guy's russian and he knows how to win stanley cups.

anyhow the point's moot since he wont come to MTL even for bonk and niinima.

besides, I don't see why columbus would trade with us, they just wait for us to put a player on waivers and BOOM, they strike. remember beauchemin and hainsey !!

bruce the goof is the worst writer I have seen. Maybe he should check the standings and note that at this point his senators are not in the playoff race. montreal is a long way ahead of them.

Oh God, now the story is even featured on TSN's Ice Chips.

If TSN can cause concern is Habsland, you can bet they'll run with it - even if it is garbage. :angry:

Gaulthier is in. Gainey is resting. Gauthier wouldn't dare make the move/calls unless Gainey started it which I find very hard to believe.

Screw you TSN!

on RDS TV, a guy called Lebaron had a good laugh about this rumour...

also, there was an interview comment from Carbonneau who said that he asked Bonk if someone in Ottawa hates him or something... (in other words, there's no foundation for this foolish fabrication...

on RDS TV, a guy called Lebaron had a good laugh about this rumour...

also, there was an interview comment from Carbonneau who said that he asked Bonk if someone in Ottawa hates him or something... (in other words, there's no foundation for this foolish fabrication...

Someone does. Bruce Garrioch.

If TSN can cause concern is Habsland, you can bet they'll run with it - even if it is garbage. :angry:

Gaulthier is in. Gainey is resting. Gauthier wouldn't dare make the move/calls unless Gainey started it which I find very hard to believe.

Screw you TSN!

Thank You ATHLETIQUE :clap: