Deadline is almost here...

puck7x

Its almost July 1st... Habs are running out of time to qualify some RFAs ... Will they give qualifying offers to Gordie Dwyer? How about Chad Kilger?

Some reports have said that the habs might not qualify the 2...

Canadiens

Gordie Dwyer, F, $532,400; Chad Kilger, F, $1.24 million; Saku Koivu, F, $3.3 million; Andre Markov, D, $770,000; Mike Ribeiro, F, $847,000.

Analysis: The guy on the bubble here could be Kilger, whose qualifying price is a little high for a guy who watched some games from the press box last season.

Would you give Chad a 15% raise just to keep him? Would you give him $1,425,000 ? Is he worth it? He was a healthy scratch for a number of games last year. He is inconsistant... It will be interesting to see what the habs do...

Its also one day until Bob Gainey officially takes over as GM of the habs (Like he hasnt already... lol) , I hope the first move he makes is to buyout a couple of players... (Dykhuis , Traverse , Czerkawski)

According to my salary sheet from THN, it would take 1.24 mil to qualify Kilger, $1,127,360 was what he made last season. Also, the CBA requires a 10% increase for a qualifying offer, not 15%.

I say qualify Kilger at 1.24 mil, he's not that bad sometimes and he'd be a quality "sub" if someone were to be injured long-term rather than calling someone up from Hamilton.

(I've read the same article you have puck, and the majority of the players' salaries are incorrect-Markov, Kilger, Ribeiro and perhaps Dwyer-I can't find what he makes. The only accurate one seems to be Koivu.)

Originally posted by dlbalr

According to my salary sheet from THN, it would take 1.24 mil to qualify Kilger, $1,127,360 was what he made last season. Also, the CBA requires a 10% increase for a qualifying offer, not 15%.

I say qualify Kilger at 1.24 mil, he's not that bad sometimes and he'd be a quality "sub" if someone were to be injured long-term rather than calling someone up from Hamilton.

(I've read the same article you have puck, and the majority of the players' salaries are incorrect-Markov, Kilger, Ribeiro and perhaps Dwyer-I can't find what he makes. The only accurate one seems to be Koivu.)

Ohhh right , 10% ... I always think 15% for some reason (Same as when I get June 15th/July 15th deadlines confused)

BTW : I think the numbers that were given in the article are the numbers of the offer needed to qualify the player (Kilger is listed at 1.4)

BTW : I think the numbers that were given in the article are the numbers of the offer needed to qualify the player (Kilger is listed at 1.4)

That may be true for most of them, but Koivu's contract at $3.3 mil is accurate based on last year's figures. It would take 3.63 mil to qualify Koivu.

Message original : dlbalr

That may be true for most of them, but Koivu's contract at $3.3 mil is accurate based on last year's figures. It would take 3.63 mil to qualify Koivu.

you're no cool! I gave 5 Millions to Koivu. Come on guys! 3,3 for Saku? ahh

:contract:

you're no cool! I gave 5 Millions to Koivu. Come on guys! 3,3 for Saku? ahh :contract:

3.3 mil is what Koivu made last season, it's not what we're giving him. More than likely, he'll get a deal worth 4-5 mil.