Markov Signed

Zowpeb

FYI. 2 year deal terms not disclosed...

Next up: Koivu.

[Edited on 2003/8/26 by Zowpeb]

Yeah only one more to go...

And I'm sure it wont be too dificult to sign Saku , he's been easy to sign in the past... Him or his agent is probably just on vacation right now and do not have time to talk contract ;)

And I agree with Habs77 , enough with the "not disclosed" crap. I want to know how much Markov got!

Cool Markov is signed.

He's our master piece at defense, one of our Top-3 key player IMO (with Theo and Bubu). I hope he is training well and seriously this summer and that he'll be in top shape to give the same performance he did on the beginning of last season.. but for all the year :hockey:

Go Andreï!

:contract: My prediction: 5.4 M$ for 2 years (bonus included)

CKAC had ventured a 3.5M for 2 years guess, similar to fellow RFA Zednik's deal last year.

That sounds about right.

Edit: RDS says it's a 3.1M deal, with 1.2M in potential bonuses over the 2 years.

[Edited on 26-8-03 by Habs77]

Well first of all, it's nice to have him under contract, when you're dealing with Don Meehan (Markov's agent), it can be scary.

I can tell you what Markov will be paid for this season, $1.3 million dollars (not including bonus clauses)

http://www.nhlpa.com/Content/THE_PLAYERS/p...io1.asp?ID=6880

As for what he makes the second year, no confirmations as of yet, but I read he signed a 2 yr, $3.1 mil deal, so if that's the case, he'll make $1.8 mil in 2004-05.