Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Hurricanes | 12/31/05

Spider-Man NL

CLOSE CALL!!! Some great saves by Theo and many blocked shots. Souray saved the day.

Canes are 1 for 7 on the PP. Kaberle takes a blast from the point. Stillman may have tipped it.

Did he, uh... kick it in...?

F***!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another memo:

The more players you let on the ice, the less exhausted they get.

And some other thing - the meaning of that strange word: EXHAUSTED. You know, the one fans and writers are constantly saying.

Main Entry: 1ex·haust

Pronunciation: ig-'zost

Function: verb

Etymology: Latin exhaustus, past participle of exhaurire, from ex- + haurire to draw; akin to Middle High German [oe]sen to empty, Greek auein to take

transitive senses

1 a : to consume entirely : USE UP <exhausted our funds in a week> b : to tire extremely or completely <exhausted by overwork> c : to deprive of a valuable quality or constituent <exhaust a photographic developer> <exhaust a soil of fertility>

2 a : to draw off or let out completely b : to empty by drawing off the contents; specifically : to create a vacuum in

3 a : to develop (a subject) completely b : to try out the whole number of <exhausted all the possibilities>

intransitive senses : DISCHARGE, EMPTY <the engine exhausts through the muffler>

synonym see DEPLETE, TIRE

- ex·haust·er noun

- ex·haust·ibil·i·ty /-"zo-st&-'bi-l&-tE/ noun

- ex·haust·ible /-'zo-st&-b&l/ adjective

Another memo:

The more players you let on the ice, the less exhausted they get.

And some other thing - the meaning of that strange word: EXHAUSTED. You know, the one fans and writers are constantly saying.

Amen

Penalty shot Ryder

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Ryder gets a penalty shot! Gerber makes a pad save. Ryder couldn't lift it. HABS SCORE as I'm typing this! Markov scores!

Gerber makes the stop

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..

.. Markov scores

Edited by mathieu30

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Canes score damn it!

1:14 left in the game

Habs down 4-3 after Brind'Amour's goal

So, I take it the Canadiens lost? :wacko:

Good night, Happy New Year, Hope to see #8 back soon

Yes... HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

GOD BLESS YOU AND ALL YOUR PRECIOUS ONES THROUGHOUT THE COMING YEAR (and beyond, of course).

The Canadiens pick up a grand total of 2 points on this 5 game road trip.... :angry: God Damn, this team sucks.

Something got to be done but I'm not expecting Gainey to do jack sh*t because he seems content on watching the wheels fall out from under the team........maybe its time for Uncle George to step in and make some changes.

Surprise, surprise. OK there was some time for the special team units, but come on CJ, lets get these kids some icetime. If the coach keeps this up send them to Hamilton, playing them this much is just a waste of time.

Komisarek 0'00"

Murray 4'20"

Perezhogin 2'39"

:angry:

Tricolore jusqu'au bout

Habs all the way

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Hmm.. time for Koivu's first hattrick, no?

Koivu has had a hat trick before Nov. 18th 2002.

2 points on this road trip is disgusting. Three of the teams they lost to are below .500. I am really disappointed in this team.

Another poor performance, someone mentioned they deserved a point, i wouldn't say that. Gerber let in 2 soft goals. Anytime you take 8 penalties, 7 of which are lazy hooking penalties you deserve to win.

The Good: Koivu was back, higgins and bulis played hard. Scored at even strength.

The bad: Stupid lazy penalties, poor effort, tonight i would say poor coaching decisions, starting theo qho hasn't played in over a week so he starts him 3 in 4 nights? Only the first goal i thought was weak. 3 healthy players with less then 5 minutes?

The Ugly: I'll say it again, where is the defense? The habs again played 3/4 of the night in there own zone. What was Markov thinking on that last goal, his partner takes himself out of the play, so markov chases a guy into the corner leaving the front of the net wide open for a tip in.

Koivu has had a hat trick before Nov. 18th 2002.

2 points on this road trip is disgusting. Three of the teams they lost to are below .500. I am really disappointed in this team.

Normally this Southeast road trip was always a success for the HABS, even if they had a bad season. Now we're starting to lose games vs. the Caps, Thrashers, Panthers, Hurricanes ... it really hurts! :(

I don't even want to think about the long road trip into the West, playing against teams like Canucks, Flames, etc. :wacko: