Carol's White Skates

JLP

The Christmas/New Year's holidays are a time of winter reminiscence for me, for some reason today I remembered a game I saw when I was a little kid. Initially a Hab, this decent player named Carol Vadnais had been playing in Oakland, where the team owner decided all his players should wear white skates (they did go with the uniform). But then Vadnais was traded to Boston, and his first game with the Bruins, that is the game I think I saw. Vadnais still only had his white skates from California, so had to play wearing those. They really stuck out, plus, well, his name was "Carol" hehehe. My dad had a field day. It was weird, I remember I felt sorry for Vadnais with his white skates, but at the same time thought it was sort of cool how he looked so different from everybody else on the ice that night.

Maybe that was the night DarkFaerie was born :huh:

can people still wear white skates now?

i checked the 06-07 rule book and there's no mention of colours of skates... in the equipment section anyway... and that's where i expect that it would be... in the index, there's no mention of anything related to skates so, in so far as i understand... white skates would be ok

the only problem might be a 'social' problem

GO :hlogo: GO!