Anyone still defending Samsonov?

dumpSamsonov

To me it is WAY past time to break up Samsonov and Kovalev. Who goes up a line, who goes down, who gets ice time, I don't care. Why doesn't Carbo want to at least give one of them a chance to play without another puck hog on the opposite wing. These two guys are a disaster together. Half a season later, it's time for a change.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me it is WAY past time to break up Samsonov and Kovalev. Who goes up a line, who goes down, who gets ice time, I don't care. Why doesn't Carbo want to at least give one of them a chance to play without another puck hog on the opposite wing. These two guys are a disaster together. Half a season later, it's time for a change.

I will agree. I've been unimpressed with Samsonov, but we owe it to him and the team to explore all potential scenarios where he might succeed before making personnel-moving decisions.

I still choose to trust in Gainey. He said February for Sammy. I say give it time.

Here's a guy who drove me crazy during games and playoffs with Boston. His contribution to the Oilers has been viewed as substandard. I watch all the playoffs. Every year, every game. I guess I just love :hockey:

IMO: He was equally as effective for the Oilers as he was a disappointment. Make no mistake (IMO) he was a threat. Remember what he did to Toskala?

Let's give him just a little more time. The guy can soar like the wind. Last night he took a decent one timer shot. I forget who set him up. I was happy he did shoot. It was a nice chance :clap:

When Samsonov goes into corners he creates turnovers. That's got to pay off eventually. I think Habs management think so too.

I cannot deny that Samsonov is a major disappointment. But, I'm willing to be patient. In the playoffs, the gloves come off. 5 on 5 scoring might not even be an issue in the playoffs for Les Canadiens because it's do or die. Samsonov is a veteran!

It's a good thing sometimes when the club goes with what they know and they choose to look the other way. If Dick Irvin senior hadn't had faith in Maurice Richard, there'd likely be no Canadiens.

And, after all. It's Gainey.

TRUST!

One of the RDS commentators did a parallele with Brian Gionta the 5'7" forwards and how Sammy should be watching his vids! Good point RDS guy whoever you are... :clap: